• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Saddles – Swaps – spoon and scoop owners
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few saddles and i’m looking to replace my current worn saddle.
    I’ve bought a charge spoon but can’t get on with it.
    Has anyone tried a spoon and not go on with it and got on with a scoop ok?
    Scoop owners how do you find the scoop?

anyone want to swap a scoop for my spoon?

smurfly13
    Free Member

I love the spoon, tried a scoop and wasn’t for me so you could be the opposite!

Got rid of my scoop so can’t help there ,

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Had spoons on both my ht and fs, were fine on shorter rides but anything over 30 miles and my arse was numb.

Tried the scoop and find them a lot better. Took a couple of rides to get used to them but wouldn’t go back now.

fozzybear
    Free Member

that is exactly my issue, short ride its bearable.
    longer… jesuss… I may as well ride on a rock.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Seems to be a lot more give in the scoop than the spoon which must help.

matther01
    Free Member

Like my scoop…but not ideal for anything over 2-3 hours on a HT. My fizik aliante gamma xm is the most comfy I’ve owned…but saddles are a very personal affair.

mmel
    Free Member

Loved my spoon but it ate my shorts (and not in a Bart Simpson way).

Switched to a scoop and find it just as good, but without the raised stitching.

butcher

The Madison Flux is supposed to have a bit more padding than the Spoon, whilst essentially being the same thing. I’m thinking of trying that next, as I have the same problem….love the spoon, fits great…until a few hours in and it starts getting a bit much.

sparkyrhino

As above took me a while to like the scoop,lives on a rigid h/t.can be a bit creaky.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Sdg bel air waaay better than spoons. Didn’t answer your question though 🙂

fozzybear
    Free Member

I have a Bel Air atm and while ive broken it in and i can ride a good while on it the covering appears the weakest point.
    maybe try a new bel air.

warns74
    Free Member

For me, and despite what most other people seem to think the spoon is the worlds most uncomfortable saddle!

SDG falcon is where it’s at!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Love the spoon, trying to break in my Scoop, it’s getting better each ride, so I’ll stick with it for now. Sorry

sparkingchains
    Free Member

All depends on arse shape, more specifically the distance between the sitting bones. Some shops will measure this for you, or rather you sit on a gel pad and and they measure the imprint distance. Specialized do it for free if you can get to one of their stores.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Personally I can’t see how an SDG bel air wouldn’t be comfy for anyone mind, used that for 1100 miles of touring last year. No problems.

nickc

My scoop is comfy enough, creaks really badly though

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Saddles – Swaps – spoon and scoop owners’ is closed to new replies.