Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Saddles like Charge Spoon but slightly narrower?
  • baldman
    Free Member

Hi folks. Trying to find a saddle for my road bike – have been demoing a Fabric Elite line but getting saddle sores, the Charge Spoons I have on my mtbs are great on those but on the road bike I find they rub a bit (inner thigh). Thinking something similar to spoon but a bit narrower – any idea of saddles of similar shape to spoons.

Thanks

scotroutes

Many of the Specialized saddles have a similar shape to a Spoon – the Toupe/ Alias etc. The 143mm versions are the same width as a Spoon so try the narrower (135mm?) version.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Specialized saddles all have a wide nose.

wilburt
    Free Member

I would give a specialized ronin a try.

Northwind

Charge Knife is narrower, but the shape is a little flatter and there’s less padding. Might be worth a try, though

baldman
    Free Member

Cheers everyone, knife could be worth a gamble as probably ok to use on mtb if I don’t like it in the road. Will have a look at the specialized ones too. Probably worth taking a charge to compare with others. Think shop that lent me the fabric had fizzik saddles for demo too.

Pity all manufacturers don’t do try before you buy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Saddles like Charge Spoon but slightly narrower?’ is closed to new replies.