Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Saddles for after nob surgery.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

My colleague (true) has great discomfort on his bike since having surgery to sort a urethral stricture, which apparently involved poking a tool up through his notcher. I said he could get a saddle with the middle cut out so there’s no pressure there, but can only think of the Spec one. Are there others?

ton

wtb

njee20
    Free Member

Most brands frankly. Selle Italia, Fizik, Bontrager all do them with cutouts. That’s not necessarily the only problem though. Could still get one with a cut out that causes issues…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Sure, but he wants to try one and see if it helps. Just looking for suggestions, I didn’t know, said I’d ask on here.

njee20
    Free Member

Whichever he buys it’s worth going and getting measured, I think all of those brands I mentioned (not sure about Selle Italia) offer different widths/types of saddle depending on what sort of rider he is, be worth checking.

Spesh and Fizik do ‘demo saddles’ too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cheers. I’ll pass that on.

burt
    Free Member

had the same operation in 2000. and a much more invasive one the year after. i use the selle italia flow. i have a spare one for the cost of postage if he wants it.

midlifecrashes

ISM or Cobb

greyspoke
    Free Member

I am in a slightly different position (prostate surgery) but same end result is it was/still is a bit tender. The Selle Italia Max and Flow ranges have some with very large cutouts and I found an SLR Superflow good on my road bike. Didn’t have so much of a prob on the mtb because of a slightly more upright riding position.

They are expensive, if your mate is anywhere near Cardiff he is welcome to have a try-out of it. I think with a big cutout it is very important to get the width of saddle right for your sit bones, as all the weight will be on them – mine is a narrow 130mm type as I have narrow hips, if your mate is wide-arsed (as it were) then he might need a wider base.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’d say he’s averagely arsed. I shall pass on the suggestions and the kind offers (a long way from Wales though!)

iainc

+1 on ISM saddles.

I had my prostate removed 5 months ago and got back on bike after about 8 weeks. I have ISM’s on all bikes now

thegreatape
    Free Member

UK source for them?

iainc

Pedal Pedal – they are in London, and online. they do demo ones for fully refundable deposit

here

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Saddles for after nob surgery.’ is closed to new replies.