Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Saddles
  • cows_in_cars
    Free Member

I need a new saddle, as we all know saddles are personal but hoping someone else out there that likes the sort of saddles I like might help to point me in the right direction.

I like a ‘saddle’ shaped saddle, used classic style flites for years, with out problems (apart from gel flow one, that was horrible) but do find it annoying that the hull rubs the top of the seat post and the nose is not the most comfortable place to be but other than that they feel good. Also like the cheapy bontranger saddle I have on my road bike, a bontranger race saddle from 2007, very comfortable but also heavy and my one is poorly made as the rails are very slightly to small in diameter and thus the saddle move up and down a bit in the seat clamp.

Price range £0- £110
    Wouldn’t want it to weigh more than 250g
    Should be comfortable for long periods of time.

Saddles I like:
    Classic flite
    Bontranger race

Saddles I don’t like
    ragley cheeky (current, ok but not great, looks nice, if anyone wants it…)
    WTB saddle, too short and never got that comfortable on them.
    Fizik tundra too flat
    Specialized toupe, again too flat, no matter how much I told myself this was designed to fit, it didn’t don’t like the all the weight on my seat bones feel (painful!) and was the only saddle ever to make me feel numb.

Thinking about:
    ebay flite and living with the problems although would like to move to something newer and ideally white, a stupid colour for a mtb saddle I know but it just looks good on my bike.
    Prologo Scratch Pro Ti 1.4 Saddle but little worried about the width
    Or maybe a charge knife…

Any help will be much appreciated
    Sorry for long post!

nicko74

Charge Knife must be pretty skinny – have you considered or tried a Spoon? I switched from an On-One Inbred saddle after a few long climbs in Spain left me unable to feel my funbits; so far I love the Spoon and it’s working well for me. Plus within your budget you could go for the Ti railed version for added lightness.

PJay
    Free Member

I like SDG Bel Airs and I swear that the ti. railed version is more comfy that the steel railed one. Not sure about the weight though, I suspect that it’s above your 250g limit.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Charge Knife easily under 250g (Spoon is just above). You can pick the Knife up for £40 and they sell well on the classifieds, so you could try it, and sell it if you don’t get on.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Charge spoon is my favorite perch.

100+ miles in a day on the road without worry

PaulD
    Free Member

Hi there.

YGM.

PaulD.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Saddles’ is closed to new replies.