Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Saddle tilt and seat post failing to keep saddle straight
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

To get the saddle level I use the Angle Finder app and try to get it straight by having it 4-5 degrees tilted down at the back and 4-5 degrees tilted up at the front. Is this the right way to get it level ?

Anyway the seat post clamp keeps failing to keep saddle straight. After a few rides of sitting on the saddle I notice that the tilt angle has gone back by itself by a few degrees after starting to notice that it feels very uncomfortable. Anyone know why and what could I do to stop this?

jonathan
    Free Member

I’ve only ever judge saddle angle by eye and then on whether it’s comfy or not.

The only posts I’ve had problems with maintaining saddle position were single “through bolt” designs – ummm… like this one

What post are you using?

daver27
    Free Member

if its the same head type as the one above, then buy some fibre grip, dis-assemble the clamp and apply some to the tapered blocks that are squeezed into the post head, then adjust it and do it up tighter than a tight thing (and then a bit more)

if its a 2 bolt post head (thomson for example) then the bolts must not be done tight enough, but to get the movement you are describing the saddle would flop around.

if its a single bolt head post with serrations, buy a new post…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Saddle tilt and seat post failing to keep saddle straight’ is closed to new replies.