Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Saddle sliping on carbon post? Anyone got any advice?
  • alexathome
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve recently changed my saddle to a Fizik antares from a Selle Italia SLR with the Ti rails. The post is an Easton EC90, with a carbon to and bottom clamp. The saddle now keeps slipping back on the rails on rides. I’ve tried putting some electrical tape around the rails – didn’t work. I’ve tried using carbon assembly paste – didn’t work.

I’m not sure whether to go to town on the rails with a file to get a bit more bite – there must be a better way, but i’ve never had this issue before and not sure if there’s an easier and less invasive fix!

Cheers all!

foureyes
    Free Member

is carbon assembly paste the gritty stuff? or a glue? i find the pace stuff either grinds down or washes out and needs replacing often in the seattube, maybe the saddle clamp is getting more spray?

Yep need carbon assembly paste…the tacx stuff is rite good

alexathome
    Free Member

I applied the paste (finish line) last night, yer it’s the gritty stuff. But it didn’t work, still slipped. My old saddle didn’t slip ever and I never used the paste then. It’s just not working. Gluuuuuuuuuue you say?

stuey
    Free Member

Could you check to see if the saddle rails are the same diameter – and shim them if they need it?

alexathome
    Free Member

Good point, i’ll get out the verniers.

alexathome
    Free Member

Nope, not that both spot on 7mm. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

foureyes
    Free Member

did you sort it?

lucien

Vaseline and sand will do it

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Dont know if this will help but years ago use to put wire at the back of those USE clamps to stop the saddle slipping.Might mess up your carbon clamp.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Saddle sliping on carbon post? Anyone got any advice?’ is closed to new replies.