Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Saddle question
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

I have two identical saddles, one with Ti rails has a knackered cover, the other has Cro-Mo rails and is mint.
    Any suggestions on how to swap the rails over?
    The rails are one piece of metal bent in two at the front and the ends engage in the rear of the body into sockets.
    If I can somehow press the ends out the front bit will come free easily.
    Any suggestions?
    Yes im being tight, but at £80 for a new Ti saddle, it aint gonna happen! Plus I fancy a challenge. 😈

barkit
    Free Member

I know it’s possible on some saddles. Some Selle Italia saddles have a screw to hold the rails at the nose I believe.

So if it’s your case that’s a good starting point I guess. If not I’ve read somewhere that it might be done by pulling the rear and pushing the rails “into the nose” at the same time in order to be able to extract the rails from their socket at the rear. Not sure about the feasibility of this strategy however…

JoeG
    Free Member
    hambl90
    Free Member

Take it to a upholsterers and ask if they will recover it for you, I did this on a motorbike seat and was charged about £10 without materials .

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not sure if recovering is possible, its a WTB which has one of their groove things down the middle.
    Just fancy a challenge!

JoeG
    Free Member

I recovered a WTB Laser which had a groove in the middle. The original cover was made of about 6 pieces sewn together IIRC, so I have 2 small, neat folds on the rear of the saddle to take up some of the excess material.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm interesting. Just tried at lunchtime to compress the old rails enough to get them out of the rear sockets, not happening!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Saddle question’ is closed to new replies.