Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Saddle Heights – pics if possible
  • jameso

Where do these formulas take into account your pedalling style? If you pedal heels down then you need your saddle lower than if you pedal toes down. I havent seen a formula that takes that into account.

Correct.. A formula like the Lemond method or 109% rule will only get you into a narrow +/- range since they’re based on ergonomic averages and aren’t absolute, they can’t be. ie they aim to save you from having ‘to spend quite a while pissing about’ and make it ‘just a bit of tweaking’. Much better I think.

If that’s stupid, then I’m a grade-F dumbass )

cynic-al
    Free Member

*feels vindicated*

The KOPS rule seems sensible enough; it puts the knee in line with the pedal at maximum pedaling force, which must help, right? Wrong. The KOPS rule of thumb has no biomechanical basis at all.

….

The reason the KOPS method is arbitrary is because it relies on the gravitational orientation of a plumb bob. The direction of gravitational force has no bearing on the rider’s ability to pedal, except for providing a constraining force at the saddle to counteract the peak portion of the pedal cycle.

takisawa2

Mine is right on the insertion mark…

sadde by pten2106, on Flickr

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Saddle Heights – pics if possible’ is closed to new replies.