Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 165 total)
  • Sad news – RIP Messiah
  • D0NK

Met Messiah at SSEC a few yeas ago, top bloke and a very good rider. RIP

bigblackshed

RIP fella.

Thoughts go out to family and friends. Sad news and far too soon.

Hope that wherever you are the trials are dry and dusty, the coffee is good and the cake fresh.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Sad news RIP

j3ffo
    Free Member

So sorry to hear this. I met Brian at Trans Savoie last year, he was a genuinely good bloke, a good bike rider and someone who’s company I enjoyed. He features in many of my fond memories from the event last year and I’m sure Ali will want to hear…

He can be seen riding his Nicolai at 02:21 and laughing at 07:42..

http://vimeo.com/76059258 – sorry, struggling to embed

Yetiman
    Free Member

Hi j3ffo – the chaps at TS have been informed of Brian’s death and I heard they might be doing something in his honour at this years race.

To everyone – I can only echo what Iain (suburban) said above, the response on here has been amazing, what a fantastic community we’re part of 🙂 . Brian would’ve hated all the fuss but I’m sure he would have grumpily appreciated all the kind and heartfelt messages.

It’s just starting to sink in today. Brian and I have some bike parts being shipped from the US, and the first thing I wanted to do this morning when I got to work was email him to say his stuff will be here soon 🙁

fivespot
    Free Member

I took Brians old Nicolai AM out yesterday for a spin. Mixed emotions, privilaged to be the owner of his last Nicolai, but saddened that such well liked and pationate guy should lose his life so early.

Heres his old Nic AM in his favourite shade of dried mud.

beb

I’m shocked and deeply saddened by this news. Tragic and far too soon as many have said. I worked with Brian in Alpine Bikes back in the nineties when I was a 15 year old lad. He taught me lots about how to fix and ride bikes and I definitely looked up to him as a rider. He was so enthusiastic about bikes and life generally and always happy to help. I remember one of the first shop rides I went on with him that he led and he was sorting out problems with other peoples bikes and cracking jokes instead of getting annoyed. I lost touch over the years but bumped into him occasionally, at Mabie riding the darkside and making it look easy and a couple of years back whilst on a ride with my wife in Glen Tanar, Brian appeared from over a hill. We had a good catch up before he powered off out of that valley and into the next. I always hoped I would catch up with him for a proper ride one of these days. I know he leaves a young family behind, my thoughts and best wishes are with them. RIP chief.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

no apologies for repeating what others have said: never met or knew him personally but he always came across as one of the good guys, I was always more likely to read a thread or post with his name attached to it as he’d have something positive and worth hearing (or thinking about) to say.

Taken tragically young (I’m 42), thoughts to all his family and friends who have suffered this loss.

freeride_addict
    Free Member

Serena and I @Trans-Savoie and trailAddiction heard the sad news yesterday and we are both devastated.

Brian was the sort of guy that makes a big impression on you in a short time. Due to his larger than life character he was a big part of the Trans-Savoie last year, and generally brought a breath of fresh air and good fun at trailAddicion whenever he came to stay. We were very much looking forward to seeing him again this summer at the race.

We plan to name one of our new (and honestly, best) trails in the event this year, in Brian’s memory – “The Goldsworthy”. You may not know that Brian was the actually the first person to sign up for the Trans-Savoie last year – I recall a conversation with him where his enthusiasm for the concept of the event, and his personal promise to be the first person to sign up for it – was the final push that actually made me turn the ideas into the reality. This says so much about Brian’s get-up-and-go character……he was 100% in to sign up for a huge event, before it had even been finalised or he even knew what the details would be.

Hopefully his memory will act as inspiration to those he leaves behind – if ever there was a man to take life’s chances and make the most of them while he could, that would be Brian. I bet that he “lived” more than most of us will ever manage to despite having his life tragically cut short.

Brian featured in the race videos last year and I think the clips of him in our summary video are a great reminder of what this lovely man was all about.

Brian is Quoted in the vid as saying “Its been an experience beyond my wildest dreams” (see last few minutes of the 6-day race summary video on our vimeo account) with a great big smile on his face.

…..at least he went out doing something that he loved. We could all learn a lot on how to live better and embrace life, from the memory of such a lovely man.

singletrackmind

RIP Chap
    May you ride into the distance with the sun on your face and the wind at your back.

Another rider lost a valiant fight for life in Hampshire. A crash at the MOuntbatten circuit hospitalised a few riders. Unfortunatly one did not recover from his injuries.

Road club captain went through the rear window of a car as well on the same day . Fortunatly he has only suffered minor injuries.

Jeez dust evrywhere in STM towers

oldtimboiow
    Free Member

Sad news indeed, I never knew him personally, but it sounds like he went out doing something he truy loved RIP. Still 42 is far too early an age. My thoughts, Sympathies and condolences to his family and friends.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

RIP young fella.

🙁

creedy
    Free Member

Not been on for a few days. Very sad news. Always enjoyed his posts on here. thoughts with his friends and family.

mildred

Very sad news indeed – my thoughts are with his family during the toughest times they’re likely to face. Speaking as a 43 year old myself, this is no age to go. Incredibly sad.

I didn’t know Messiah but we seemed to regularly pop up on the same threads whenever Nicolai bikes and Bos suspension were mentioned. A regular on both here and the MTBR Nic forum, I know his thoughts, reviews and general advice will be missed by a great many folk.

RIP

Bunnyhop

So sad to read this.

It is my loss that I never got to ride with or meet you.

R.I.P.

Thoughts go to your family and friends.

tang
    Free Member

That’s terribly sad news. Too young.

ads678

RIP fella.

Never met him but he always seemed a good bloke. Thought with his family and friends.

shredder
    Free Member

So sad.
    R.I.P

nicolaisam
    Free Member

RIP Brian.

Never met you in person but shared a lot of emails,usually involving Nicolai bikes.

Will miss those emails.

Thoughts go out to his family.

simmy
    Free Member

R.I.P my thoughts are with everyone affected.

I guess most of us on here are around the same age as Brian but I bet not many of us have done as much as he did.

I didn’t know him, but its tragic losing anyone.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@messiah was only someone I knew from the forums here, I remember well his enthusiasm on stw and from the Trans Savoie videos. We read much these days about life expectancy running into oir 80’s and 90’s but not everyone is so lucky. Such sad news to hear of his passing and it serves as a reminder to us all to love what we do and do what we love. It’s traditional to say rest in peace but in Brian’s case rest didn’t appear to be in his vocabulary, ride on.

stabilizers

This is a bit of a shock. I met and rode with Brian only a few times over the years. Really nice guy. He’ll be missed up here.

discapade
    Free Member

Sad sad news, far too young to die..RIP

craigxxl
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this sad news. My sympathies to his family but if there is any silver lining to his death it is that he died doing something he loved.

the_lecht_rocks

Blimey, sad news. Thoughts to all friends and family …

dipper
    Free Member

It sucks. Brian was a cracking lad. Full of life and enthusiasm. a hard rider, destroyer of bikes and a proper bike geek. We spent many hours on the phone and emails talking bikes. More so recently as he was looking forward to his new 29er.

RIP Brian. My thoughts are with your wife and 2 young kids 🙁

overbikedagain
    Free Member

I’d like to echo what most have said on here…I only met him a few times when in bikes shops on the east coast and we always had a blether/geek chat..very decent chap…rip dude

jools182
    Free Member

I never met him, but from all the comments a lovely chap

Far too young

R. I. P.

scaredypants

Just found this from seeing hoops’ new thread
    Agreed, he seemed like a massively enthusiastic and genuine bloke

I’ll raise a glass and maybe even do a bit of pedalling in his honour this weekend

bruneep

Funeral service at Aberdeen Crematorium (West Chapel), on Thursday, March 20, at 10.25a.m., to which all friends are respectfully invited. No need to wear black. Family flowers only please but donations may be given, if so desired, at the crematorium door for the British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research.

toss
    Free Member

Ride in peace fella. Too young. Thoughts with you and yours… 🙁 T

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Another 43 year old here, never knew the bloke but heart goes out to his family and friends. Makes you think about life.

granny_ring

RIP mate.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Sad news, I never knew him but it sounds like I’ve missed out. He looks like a great laugh from the photos posted.

Ride well in mountain bike heaven ( a bit like the Alps in summer, probably )

Blimey, only just seen this.

Never met him, or spoke to him, but the wave of opinion can’t be wrong and it seems the MTB community, his family and friends have all lost one of the good guys.

As quite an antagonistic (at times) character myself, it’s quite humbling to read about someone who sounds like he never did anything but make people happy and just came across as a really nice guy – undeniably reflected in the words that people have to say about him.

43 myself in September – makes you realise how short life is and how much difference you make to people if you bring some good vibes with you wherever you go.

Next ride is for you Messiah

suburban
    Free Member

For those who can make the funeral on Thursday. A note from Brians wife, this is a celebration of his life. Brian was rather informal at the best of times. So Bike Jerseys, hawaiian shirts, hideous brown jumpers are all good!

Our riding group will all be sporting out new strips, shame he never got to wear or see them, but we have his name on our backs. I have the novelty of carrying him up all the hills this time.

And Sunday past was an informal gathering in the forest, 24 riders turned up. More than i think i have ever seen. The occasion was on everyone’s mind, the weather was frankly stunning, there will be many many more rides doing what we all love where he will always be remembered.

and never take yourself too seriously…

Big thanks to Ali and Serena, love what you have done on your facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/TransSavoie
    That picture is Brian, superb 🙂

Lastly, and i hate naming names, can I use this to pass word to mr. Deas.

grtdkad

Wow. Awful news and particularly so with a young family.

RIP chap

NZCol

Really sad to read this on so many fronts. Condolences to family and friends.

motozulu
    Free Member

Such a fit young bloke too. Very very sad.

God bless.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

RIP Messiah. Peace.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘Sad news – RIP Messiah’ is closed to new replies.