• This topic has 44 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Sad News – Avon Gorge death last week
  • hora
    Free Member

I found another link that they’d raised 260k in a year and it’d cost them 200k to employ a direct marketing company. With 60k in grants. It didn’t say who the company was or..if there were any links between any parties though. It’d be a nice earner though if there was.

I’ve reported them to the charity commission with links/pics.

Whenever I said back letters in the post with ‘left/etc or even passed away please stop’. Sometimes new mail comes out without the persons name on this time!

Woody
    Free Member

But that only seemed to increase the stuff I was getting sent

My elderly parents have just cancelled their monthly donation to the Red Cross (one of several they have chosen) because of harassment. My Mum was getting 2-3 calls per week, presumably from a marketing call centre and eventually called RC directly and told them if she had any more calls she would cancel. The calls continued until the final straw was someone calling and telling her it was not for the usual RC donation and saying “you have to help with Nepal” as a regular donor.

The ‘hard sell emotional blackmail’ and aggressive attitude of the caller annoyed her so much that RC have now lost over £100 a year.

crankboy
    Free Member

Woody they may only have lost £60 a year or less.

hora
    Free Member

I think Chuggers, beit on the phone or in person should feel more heat. I’ve always said a polite no thanks but maybe I should say ‘isn’t it lovely that you are giving up your time for charity and not pursuing personal gain’..

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Sad News – Avon Gorge death last week’ is closed to new replies.