Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sad day for snow sports.
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

2 top skiers die in patagonian avalanche.

RIP JP and Andreas, You will be missed.

Story.

shifter
    Free Member

Agreed. Very sad.

matt_outandabout

😥

jambalaya
    Free Member

Indeed. RIP guys and thanks. All I Can is the best ski movie I’ve seen.

rj2dj
    Free Member

+1. Very sad. All I Can was incredible.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

A leading light in making skiing cool again. The Salomon 1080 changed everything.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Awesome segment:
    [video]http://youtu.be/1-VCWUtNm-4[/video]

Desperately sad, 2 awesome skiers, what a loss.

russ295
    Free Member

Looks like another has fallen.
    Liz Daley in Argentine.
    http://snowboarding.transworld.net/news/liz-daley-killed-avalanche-south-america/

passtherizla
    Free Member

That is also very sad…

nedrapier

Really sad news to wake up to. Liz Daley was a regular on the splitboard.com forum, regularly posting stoke-filled trip reports of some ridiculous couloir or other in Chamonix. She was a friend of friends and fb is full of love and memories today.

Andreas Fransson’s film “Tempting Fear” has been stuck in my head since I saw it 2 years ago. The Lyngen Alps section has seen me take 2 trips up there and planning another. He did some amazing things.

JP Auclair, I’m not much of a skier, but he was at the top for a long time. I watched his section in All I Can yet again just the other day.

So sad to see handfuls of truly incredible people leaving us every year. And they’re just the more well known that we hear about.

I go into the backcountry for my jollies, and it has given me the jolliest of all the jollies I’ve had, but there times when it’s tinged with so much loss that you wonder whether it’s worth it.

Alselm Baud after the death of his son, Eduard, to a serac fall in the mountains:

“Better to be lost to one’s passion than to lose one’s passion.”

russ295
    Free Member

If there was a like button Ned, I’d of pressed it.
    There was a snowboarder that frequented a forum I use that died a few years ago.
    Even though I’d never met him, we had shared something if that makes any sense? it hit home pretty hard as he was a regular poster, I and many others read his replies in awe, always helpful and friendly.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Channel 4 news had quite a long piece on the deaths of AP and Andreas including some clips from All I Can. I am guessing someone on the production team was a fan.

ourmaninthenorth

“Better to be lost to one’s passion than to lose one’s passion.”

There’s a lot to be said for that. And there’s a lot to be said for living a long time.

Most of all, it’s important to fill your life with all the things you love. Never waste a day.

RIP.

nedrapier

There’s a lot to be said for that. And there’s a lot to be said for living a long time.

Absolutely, that epitaph struck a chord with me because it says more, explains more, forgives more than: “at least they died doing something they loved”, which never seemed to me to be much of a consolation.

Most of all, it’s important to fill your life with all the things you love.

And the people you love.

Someone on splitboard.com posted this on the thread about Liz Daley. Well worth reading.

Thoughts on Honoring the Dead, and the Living

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sad day for snow sports.’ is closed to new replies.