Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sad day for Rugby League
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11414736

Leaving his taking banned substance’s aside, he was a quality player who caved into the pressure’s of professional sport. Met him a few times and found him a decent guy.

RIP Tezza.

pacemaker
    Free Member

Yep, RIP Terry.

firestarter
    Free Member

christ, RIP fella ;-(

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Poor bloke. A muppet for going down the substance route but he must have been in a very bad place to do what he did.

Garry_Lager

That’s shocking news tbh – RIP. Didn’t realise he was so young, seems like he’d been playing forever.

Not as if he was the only bloke on something in rugby league either – not by a long chalk.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That’s something that has recently puzzled me – the rugby players that have been pinged for taking muscle enhancers/performance enhancers all (not many i know) seem to be from the League code.
    Surely Union must have the same pressures as League so why the difference?

MartinGT
    Free Member

RIP Terry

As a season ticket holder at Leeds this weekend just got worse 🙁

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Which RL players are you on about, mate? With regards to the difference between RL and Raah-Raah, I ain’t going down that road as we’ll be here all night!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

There was that chap who’s sister is an actress in some soap, can’t remember his name. Played for Bulls & got pinged if i recall..

Not going to bite about Union, just wondered why the few players i’ve heard of taking these things are League. Some Union lads have been pinged for coke if i remember.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Ryan Hudson, signed for Bulls then got done for recreational drugs and IIRC never played for us, went to Huddersfield and I think he’s back at Cas now.

Sorry mate, didn’t mean to sound a bit off. Came as a shock, I don’t condone his substance abuse but he was nearly at the end of the first year of his ban and seemed to have his future planned out for his return. Can’t comment on his private life though.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Saw the last interview the lad did for local BBC news – not a nice thing to watch in retrospect.

His poor family must be going through hell right now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sad day for Rugby League’ is closed to new replies.