Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • saab 9-3 tid vector sport & ttid
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Hey folks. im in the market for one of the above. Started out looking at the 120 tid vector sport but my budget has increased slightly and could possibly get a ttid 180. Anyone got any real world experience of either cars..?

john_drummer
    Free Member

I had a 9-3 vector sport anniversary edition. Lovely car but Cambelt change at 72k is very expensive – over £600 at main dealer. If it’s already been done then you’re laughing.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Unfortunately, yes.

55 plate TiD 150 with the hirsch chip which takes it to 175bhp which I had from 6 monhts old / 10 k miles. The engine is ok, but everything it is attached to is a disaster. More spent on warranties & repair in the first 38k miles than on fuel. On its third DMF. Springs made of cheese. When it works it is really quite nice. Unfortunately it spends too much time not working properly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    turbo1397
    Free Member

@oldbloke, that sounds like a nightmare. Im looking at the facelift 08 plate’s. Wouldn’t go for one unless its had the belt and pump changed.. i know there prone to dmf’s going, but unfortunately most diesels these days have the same problem.. but 3 seems excessive!

havinalaff
    Free Member

57 150 tid vector sport here.

Amp went on stereo, £1000 new £400 second hand fortunatley mine under warranty from garage.

Nice enough car and does 60mpg on a run. I hear the DMF problems are normally linked to people with a non delicate L foot who just dump the clutch.

Rich

finishthat
    Free Member

Look at the 9-5 far more reliable

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

09 150 tid vector sport.
    Onky had it two months but very impressed so far.
    Much more economical than the diesel Picasso it replaced yet about 3 times faster in acceleration.
    Its my first automatic and makes driving effortless.
    Bought some genuine saab roof bars and bike carrier for it last weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘saab 9-3 tid vector sport & ttid’ is closed to new replies.