Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Ryder Cup – this is all getting a bit silly (isn't it?)
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

And people questioned whether golf is a sport. Listened all day driving 4 hours and then caught last hour or so at home. Gracias Seve and Jose.

Langer’s ghost put to bed by Kaymer

AND POULTER!!!!!!!!

Truly epic final day. Wow!!!

Houns

Awe.Some!

Bear
    Free Member

Seve Sunday!

bwaarp
    Free Member

Hahaharrrrrr!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

lived up to the hype.

Geoff Poulter IS the man.

that is all.

nealglover
    Free Member

Geoff Poulter ?

🙂

mboy
    Free Member

First time in a long time I’ve been excited watching Golf! Nail biting stuff… Be you’d have got good odds of a European win whilst it was at 10-6 to the Yanks with a healthy lead in most games still in play too.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Geoff Poulter ?

where did that come from – I think he was an extremely dodgy manager at work some years ago !?!?

Ian obviously – contender for SPOTY maybe?

deserves his nickname of The Postman, I think.

nealglover
    Free Member

I knew someone called Geoff Poulter in Newcastle years ago.

He was crap at golf though 🙂

convert

With the benefit of another 24hrs I wonder how much of an arse this author is feeling right now 😀

ESPN – in counting chickens shocker!

nealglover
    Free Member

The only thing he got right in that article was that Tiger didn’t finish on a Zero.

Other than that, I hope he feels like a tit 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

“14 and a half points needed to win the ryder cup back from those Europes” ? 😕

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Always good to hump the septics at the Ryder Cup, you’d think they’d have learned by now…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am only just getting going this morning after that.

As much as this guy needed to make a U-turn, so did Colin Montgomery. Bit of a surprising snake in the grass. From the armchair, he was increasingly critical of Olazabal on Saturday before an amazing volte face for “one of his best friends” and all of a sudden he was back to being “one-of-them.” Ok so SKY had a lot of time to fill between the end of the match and the ceremony, but Monty this was not about you mate. This was the present and your glories were the past – as painful as that might be to realise.

Maybe he was smarting about Nicklaus comments in the studio along the lines of “You have to be a major winner to be really counted, ooops, sorry Colin.”

jambalaya
    Free Member

Wow and great job by 5Live

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

+1 on 5 live, although early in the day I kept thinking why was Inverdale being so ridiculously optimistic. 😉

Driving up and down M40 yesterday and amazing (and a little scary) to see the amount of arm pumping going on from drivers between 8-10pm when I was driving. I am not sure everyones’ attention was 100% on the road!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@teamhurtmore – you should share that story with 5Live

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Arm pumping motorway drivers listening to a game on the radio.

Yep, sounds like golfers.

uwe-r
    Free Member

The ryder cup is f*ing brilliant. I am not a massive golf fan but there are few better sporting competitions in terms of the intensity of the rivalry and slow burning drama. Great stuff, there will be some sorry yanks today.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Can’t believe I am admitting this but 5Live made it a great sporting day yesterday and I listened all the way through, and there are few sports that leave me as cold as golf. Well done Europe, if only to silence the septics for a little while.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It was good on Sky as well, even if I had to suffer Ewan Murray – I had forgotten about him since I haven’t been subscribed for so long – just got to remember to cancel now.

Woody
    Free Member

As much as this guy needed to make a U-turn, so did Colin Montgomery. Bit of a surprising snake in the grass.

Not surprising really – he’s always been a tosser of the highest order.

Was lucky enough to get home from work at 11pm without hearing a thing about it and watched on BBC. Just fantastic and one of the greatest sporting turnarounds ever.
    Superb achievement and to see Olazabal so emotional showed just how much it meant to him and the memory of Seve.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

They quoted some match commentary from some tournament in somewhere like Holland, which was something like when Montgomery backed off from the ball and shot an angry glare into the crowd, and richard boxall (maybe) said “uh-oh – I think a bird has flapped his wings in germany”

druidh
    Free Member

Andy from Edinburgh added: ” It’s a shame Americans are no good with irony.

Or puttery. Or drivery……”

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Ryder Cup – this is all getting a bit silly (isn't it?)’ is closed to new replies.