Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ryde Trace Enduro
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

I fancy building some of these up but the only place a can see to purchase them is from superstar at £100 a pop

A distributors page lists them at £79.99 rrp though.

Anyone know where I can buy these from at the rrp or lower? Not sure why superstar list em at £20 over rrp.

It would be good to hear from anyone who runs these as to what they the of them? I’m buying them for their width.

moff

These guys list them Justridingalong

nickdavies

bike discount had some nice cheap full builds of these the other week, not sure on loose rims.

wrecker
    Free Member

I got a set built onto hope evos from bike-box.de for a very reasonable price.
    Drop them a mail and see what their rim only prices are?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Action sports in Germany for mine. Anyone else find them a POTA to put on tubeless tyres? Insanely tight

wrecker
    Free Member

Insanely tight

OH YEAH!
    I’d better not get a flat, It would be ride over.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I nearly threw the rear wheel out the house, and let’s not mention the trail side repair in the cold and wet that took half an hour

Northwind

I’ve got the XC ones, as far as I’m concerned they’re built out of spec, I don’t have a single tyre that goes onto them without a huge fight- the rim’s oversize. Even beading with tubes in is hard. And getting the buggers back off is harder than any wheel I’ve ever used.

They’re good in other ways but I’m glad I didn’t want to use them tubeless (they’re on my commuter with tubes normally! Which is still not ideal, but more livable with. I wouldn’t buy them for a mountain bike.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

One of my riding buddies had some of these. When I say ‘had’ and ‘some’ he doesn’t have them any more, and did have 4 or 5 in a short period of time, all warrantied, because they were hilariously crap.

They looked like 50 pence pieces, in weeks, every time, without fail.

Went back to Flows & no issues since.

ferrals
    Free Member

Hmm, I’ve got the xc ones on a build from JRA and think they are excellent. True as can be after 6 months of riding in pretty rocky terrain averaging 100km a week. Tubeless was effortless with schwalbe tyres, first time I’ve tried tubeless too. Maybe they have qc issues as I’d heartily recommend the xc version.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Thank you for all the info.

A bit worried by Hob Nobs post though!
    I’m currently on Flows but fancied something wider and these looked good.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve had Trace Enduros on for about 9 months now. Built by me on Pro 2s. They build a very stiff wheel for the weight due to the offset spoke bead which is very good. I’ve also built a number of pairs for customers and haven’t had any back.

Their weight is very good for their width but sadly that seems to possibly come at a bit of a price. They seem to be rather susceptible to dings. I completely ruined my rear one at the Ard Rock last year hitting a rock. Bent the rim so far that there was a gap between the tyre bead and the rim bead.

Saying that, I have no proof that that incident wouldn’t have destroyed any other rim.

I re-rimmed the rear with another and it has been fine so maybe not too bad.

I cut my broken one into bits to compare the cross section with a Flow EX and due to them being pretty much the same weight, the narrower Flow is clearly thicker around the sidewalls which must give it more ding protection. The positioning of the inner rib of the Trace also looks like it might contribute to dings

In conclusion, they’re ok but not great. I’d prefer them to be 30g or so heavier and more resistant to dinging.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Interesting to read Matthew h .

I like them, as they are a decent weight and are very stiff , although I have had a serious ding that proved difficult to seal tubeless again, and the difficulty of putting tyres on means I’m in no rush to replace them, but wouldn’t get them again .

jimplops

One thing I noticed on mine fitting the tyres today, they have a max rider weight sticker on.them saying 100kg.

taxi25
    Free Member

Xc ones for me, no problem running Racing Ralphs tubless.

P20

Just got a text to say my 29mm ones are ready. What tape are people using on them for tubeless?
    (Apologies for slight hi-jack)

jimplops

I’ve used 29mm Ss tape and valves. Central well is quite shallow but trailblazers went on no problem and seated with a nice cracking using just a track pump.

P20

Cheers Jim!

matther01
    Free Member

Try dcrwheels. £70 per rim plus £8 postage (postage the same for up to 10 rims)

Cheers

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ryde Trace Enduro’ is closed to new replies.