Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Ryanair and Bikes?
  • Mintyjim

Hi,
    Anyone flown recently with Ryanair and taken their bike? £40 each way is kinda steep and their upper weight limit is 20kg.
    They insist upon a protective box/bag (which I would do anyway!) and this would easily tip a typical MTB over 20kg!
    They're b@stards.
    Cheers
    James

bonj
    Free Member

yep, i've taken my road bike on a ryanair flight and it was fine

I have got a hard case though, I got it from http://www.bikeboxalan.co.uk/ which I would definitely recommend – it is a dead good case

Some people advocate having minimal wrapping, so that it "is obviously a bike" – I personally wouldn't recommend this, as I don't think it's the fact that baggage handlers might throw it that is the problem, but the fact that stuff might get put/fall on top of it. The bikeboxalan one has got a pole in the middle for crush protection.
    NOt that i'm challenging anybody, but I think something that bulky that's 20kg is a bit too bulky and heavy to throw very far with ease.

Also when I went on that bus from the long stay car park to the terminal the driver said bikes weren't allowed on it. But since mine was in a box and "didn't have chain and wheels visible" it was ok as just a piece of luggage, as long as i made sure i held it still.

Also been on easy jet as well

It always has to go IN at the 'oversize luggage' check in area, but the only thing to watch is where it comes OUT – it's never obvious – sometimes it comes out on the normal conveyor belt

bonj
    Free Member

also I wouldn't bother about the £40 surcharge, just think of the total cost of the flight, it's probably still cheaper than BA, and they aren't as likely to go on strike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Ryanair and Bikes?’ is closed to new replies.