Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Ryanair 60 quid extra for my bike
  • kimbers

reasonable or blatant profiteering?!

also gotta py an extra 20 quid for my hold luggage anyway!

ChrisHeath

Reasonable.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

reasonable, takes up more room then you do!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ll bet it’s cheaper than driving there…..

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Do not expect Ryanair to do anything but blatant profiteering and crap customer service

bruneep

remember a few £1 coins for the pi$$er as well http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7914542.stm

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Take some empty lucozade bootles with you. Fill them up and pop them on the drinks trolley if you need to pee en-route

daj
    Free Member

B.A is £25 for a bike bag

ChrisHeath

Out of interest, an extra 20 quid and another extra 60 quid over what ticket price, and where to?

richpips
    Free Member

So £60 + £20 + airfare.

If there’s 2 or more of you drive, surely cheaper.

(Presuming the Alps was your destination)

DezB
    Free Member

Aerlingus – £20 each way.
    Ryanair sounds like a rip off!

miketually
    Free Member

reasonable, takes up more room then you do!

Presumably, the bike will need carrying onto and off the plane too.

Soup
    Free Member

RyanAir in extra charges shocker. Think everybody knows this now. Next.

kimbers

london to grenoble
    for the megavlanche

flights cost 1p each way

and yet final price is 116

i know they add on loads of stuff but 10000 % of the original price, that oleary really is a thief

have driven before and even with cheap ferry, petrol really adds up now the euro is same as the pound

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

chakaping
    Free Member

Overall price is pretty good for a return. If the flights had been more than 1p it’d be different perhaps.

They’re trying to discourage people from taking bikes, I expect.

crazy-legs

Look at it as being £63 each way all in.
    Still pretty reasonable. It used to be £17.50 for the bike, that’s shot up recently. I don’t mind paying £63 for a flight, the only way it feels out of oreder is cos it’s all made up of extras. If they came straight out with it and said yep, flight is £116 you’d have paid it without much argument.

Gooner
    Free Member

i just paid £25 each way for my bike with jet2.com for leeds – geneva flights
    and $100 each way with american airlines for manchester – costa rica flights

STATO
    Free Member

only £116! thats cheap mate! i paid a fair bit more than that last time i flew to the mega and that was just the flight, bike was extra!

ChrisHeath

Still reasonable then.

😉

miketually
    Free Member

£63 each way? Last time I got the train to London, it cost £108 each way.

No wonder the world’s ****.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

one of my favourite pass times is laughing at people getting irate in airports when thay have to pay extra for not having a dump before they get on the flight or whatever

you want service, you pay for a proper airline 🙄

uplink
    Free Member

Presumably, the bike will need carrying onto and off the plane too.

Passengers are often referred to as self loading cargo 🙂

£63 each way? Last time I got the train to London, it cost £108 each way

£278 rtn yesterday from Darlington Mike – it only costs me £45 in diesel if I drive

crazy-legs

£63 each way? Last time I got the train to London, it cost £108 each way.
    No wonder the world’s ****.

Agreed.
    Return train Manc -> Birmingham £43. Return flight Liverpool -> Girona £8.02.
    I did a Manc -> Bristol return on the train a few weeks before, that was £56, was looking on Ryanair the other night, very nearly booked a Liverpool -> Venice return for £20 all in.

IWH
    Free Member

Daj – BA don’t charge for bikes unless you are SERIOUSLY over the weight limit. It’s part of your free sporting equipment allowance.

Eventually everybody will have to realise the man is just a giant knob trying his luck & seeing what he can get away with. As long as people are content to put up with his bollox to save £10 then he’ll carry on with it but eventually he’ll be SOOL and will find another industry to screw over.

Mister-P
    Free Member

crazy-legs

LOL!

miketually
    Free Member

Some comedian suggested that, rather than taking the train from London to Glasgow for a meeting, you and the person you were meeting could both fly to Barcelona and have the meeting there!

uplink
    Free Member

Unless you’re flying out of London BA is very limited with destinations

crazy-legs

Some comedian suggested that, rather than taking the train from London to Glasgow for a meeting, you and the person you were meeting could both fly to Barcelona and have the meeting there!

Unless of course you fly Ryanair in which case they drop you off about 60 miles from Barcelona… 😉

aracer
    Free Member

As long as people are content to put up with his bollox to save £10 then he’ll carry on with it

As long as they do still save £10 on the total package, then I can’t see why any rational person would cut off their nose to spite their face just because the charging structure is different to BA.

chakaping
    Free Member

Unless you’re flying out of London BA is very limited with destinations

And even if you live in or near London, you still have to make the hellish journey to minging Gatwick.

nickjb
    Free Member

My recent ski trip:

Me and the mrs 4p (including tax)
    To pay by debit card £16
    Skis and luggage £120

Odd pricing structure but still cheaper than any other carrier

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Ryanair 60 quid extra for my bike’ is closed to new replies.