Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Ryanair
  • mashiehood
    Free Member

Thisis why I will never fly with Ryanair.

kimbers

Well their ridiculous baggage charges had already put me off, not to mention O’Leary being a ****, this just adds to the list

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s the outside bogs that puts me off.

highclimber
    Free Member

They really are scum. someone really needs to get a grip of that little irishman by the scruff of the neck and give him a ‘good talking to’.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s too busy rolling in the millions he makes to bother with the likes of us.

crikey
    Free Member

…and where’s the money in this story?

…is it perhaps something to do with someone else who has a vested interest in bashing Ryanair?

petefromearth

About time someone posted this… 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member
    highclimber
    Free Member

Ryanair, the World’s Most Hated Airline

Love it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And still they’ll make around half a billion profit this year. That must really rankle with some folk ^. Still, I think they might issue a further profits warning on the back of this thread.

footflaps

Ryanair must stop ‘unnecessarily pissing people off’, says O’Leary

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/sep/20/ryanir-pissing-people-off-michael-oleary

Although I thought it was company policy rather than unintentional!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s how you make half a billion. By intentionally pissing people off. Simple.

grantway
    Free Member

Did see a program recently on TV on Ryan Air
    and played a message from the Captain to the control tower
    requesting emergency landing being low level of fuel left.
    Apparently Ryan air request this a lot to Alicante.
    The program believe Ryan Air do this so they can get there plans down
    so they can turn around there planes for the return flight.

Has I fly regularly to Alicante that scared the crap out of me

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seems so simple…

Offer something so cheap that people forget about the crap and failings and the extras next time.

Glad they are not in the Oz market 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’d never see supermarket chains being successful with that kind of strategy.

Oh…

wrecker
    Free Member

Karma will get this prick in the end.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I should think it won’t.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

long winded and old but still relevant

Arriving in a hotel in Dublin, Michael O’Leary went to the bar and asked for a pint of draught Guinness. The barman nodded and said, “That will be one Euro please, Mr. O’Leary.”
    Somewhat taken aback, O’Leary replied, “That’s very cheap,” and handed over his money.
    “Well, we try to stay ahead of the competition”, said the barman. “And we are serving free pints every Wednesday evening from 6 until 8. We have the cheapest beer in Ireland”
    “That is remarkable value” Michael comments
    “I see you don’t seem to have a glass, so you’ll probably need one of ours.
    That will be 3 euro please.”
    O’Leary scowled, but paid up. He took his drink and walked towards a seat.
    “Ah, you want to sit down?” said the barman. “That’ll be an extra 2 euro. – You could have pre-book the seat, and it would have only cost you a Euro.”
    “I think you may to be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please”
    Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can’t squeeze in he complains “Nobody would fit in that little frame”.
    “I’m afraid if you can’t fit in the frame you’ll have to pay an extra surcharge of €4.00 for your seat sir”
    O’Leary swore to himself, but paid up. “I see that you have brought your laptop with you” added the barman. “And since that wasn’t pre-booked either, that will be another 3 euro.”
    O’Leary was so annoyed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, “This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager”.
    “Ah, I see you want to use the counter,” says the barman, “that will be 2 euro please.” O’Leary’s face was red with rage.
    “Do you know who I am?”
    “Of course I do Mr. O’Leary,”
    “I’ve had enough, What sort of Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!”
    “Here is his E mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9 and 9.10 every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only 10 cent per second”
    “I will never use this bar again”
    “OK sir, but remember, we are the only hotel in Ireland selling pints for one Euro”.

wrecker
    Free Member

Someone who’s that much of an arsehole, that rich and greedy is bound to have pissed off some people or **** up in some way or another. It’ll catch up with him sooner or later *crosses fingers*

chewkw
    Free Member

He is gambling with others’ lives if he thinks that low fuel flying is the way to cash in. I hope nothing happen to any of his flight but if it does he can keep his cash with him six foot under.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It is a gamble that nobody on the ground is going to say on to them.

With Ryan air the pays your money takes your choice factor is very true, your paying for something with none of the niceties included or offered. If you want any chance of compassion or flexibility use someone else. The person on the desk who charged the guy was probably following strict rules to avoid being fired or penalised themselves.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of course, Ryanair is the only airline that takes a chance with fuel. Either that, or it’s the one that the media likes to bash the most.

I wonder.

How many accidents is it they’ve had again?

seosamh77
    Free Member

love ryanair, got me all over europe for buttons.

konabunny
    Free Member

I seem to remember this was discussed on here and one of the posters was a pilot who said the whole story was total bobbins.

Dirty Tricks in air travel? Seems hard to believe.

The constant upselling is annoying, I agree, but it’s not like the charges are hidden. I like Ryanair for the same reason as seosamh.

shermer75
    Free Member

but it’s not like the charges are hidden

You mean like when the option to not buy their travel insurance is hidden at the bottom of the ‘Country of Residence’ drop down menu?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The constant upselling is annoying, I agree, but it’s not like the charges are hidden. I like Ryanair for the same reason as seosamh.

I tried to find some competitive fares with Ryan air, failed every time, once they get close to other airlines they fall off the radar, the headline prices were never worth believing so just moved on and left them well alone.

Coincidentally I’m currently sat in an airport about to board my 10th flight this month, I value price, value and reliability over most things, add in a decent loyalty scheme and I’m there 🙂

There was a similar story in the papers last week about a woman who had a huge bill for uploading photo’s on her mobile while on holiday in Turkey, calling for outrage etc. Why bother it’s what you expect to happen.

Pigface
    Free Member

I once went back and forth to Sweden for £17 which is mad. Ryan Air are fine as long as you follow their rules. The rules can be pretty shitty but it is their airline their rules.

Saying that they don’t seem to be that great for Scandinavia these days.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Naive OP IMO.

Staff won’t have authority to give out a free ticket…did the event happen after news broke and the family were ID’d? Only if so could you say they should have called head office – would they even have had time?

Seems like simple Ryanair-bashing, ever fashionable, as this thread shows.

leffeboy

according to the article the guy is a neurosurgeon. It’s difficult to believe he didn’t have the cash to just make this problem disappear at such an important moment especially since he made the flight every weekend. Pure Ryanair bashing nonsense

brodie
    Free Member

Just booked a flight to Croatia next month. Paid more for the missus’s suitcase than I did for both outgoing flights!!!

ebygomm
    Free Member

And this is why I will…

Flights to Billund, DK in December

mashiehood
    Free Member

Cynic-al – I choose not to fly Ryanair on for many reasons, one of which is their culture. Why does that make me naive?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was meaning the original post not poster, but in any event, you said this:

mashiehood – Member
    Thisis why I will never fly with Ryanair.

Which looks quite different to me to:

I choose not to fly Ryanair on for many reasons

…and I don’t see how this relates to culture – which airline won’t charge for changing flight times?

mikertroid
    Free Member

br
    Free Member

How many accidents is it they’ve had again?

None.

I hear people bash Ryanair, I hear people bash Tesco – funny how so many people actually use them.

I don’t like flying Ryanair, but have done many (probably +50) times in the past mainly due to them flying into odd places that are near to where I need to go – but that is with work, privately I’ve never flown with them.

Other airlines are available.

shermer75
    Free Member

I think by ‘culture’ masiehood means this kind of thing:

Michael O’Leary: technically correct but a bit of a dick

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

We´ve flown to Paris, Berlin and Rome from their base in Malaga this year for not a lot. Play their game -no extras,hand luggage only and book early.

kimbers

i wonder what airline this couldve been……

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24284321

cobrakai

Not Ryanair, thats for sure.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Ryanair’ is closed to new replies.