Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ryan Giggs – keeps on keeping on
  • IHN

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21627465

The word is bandied around a little too easily but, surely, this is one player who can rightly be described as a legend. 23 years at the highest level; incredible.

(Awaits the predictable and dull wendyball responses)

philconsequence
    Free Member

lol at the wednyballerz

(i remember him from playing football when i was a kid, along with bruce grobbelahhh and sticker books)

unklehomered
    Free Member

Pretty sure he was playing while I was at primary school. I had stickers with him on. Is mental.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Absolutely. There have been better players in the premiership, but no one has delivered such high performance levels for so long. Absolute role model to younger players (footballers and otherwise 🙂 )

michaelbowden

NOT a football fan, but as a sportsman his dedication and professionalism are something to be admired. To look after your body carefully enough to compete at the highest level of your sport for 20+ years is incredible.

warton
    Free Member

coaching within the club, and potential Man U manager beckons I’d say. Wander what he earns, in comparison to the top paid players? must be 60k + these days, maybe 100k at his peak?

scuttler

[/quote]23 years at the highest level

At one club!!!!

No Man U fan here but massive respect. Sure it helps that he’s not experienced the pull that many great players feel when they start off at lesser clubs, but he must have had offers from some of the European teams. Being on side with Fergie, and recognising he’s not bigger than the club probably helps too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

HIs apperance record and gaols in the premier league seasons is unlikely to be beaten,
    He has changedhis style and still remains a great player

Its an impressive achievement without even looking at the medals he has won

Awaits DD saying something about his personality

psling
    Free Member

Absolute role model to younger players (footballers and otherwise 🙂 )

Asked his wife once if she thought he performed better home or away, can’t believe she slapped me.

brakes
    Free Member

he was the only sticker I didn’t have in my Panini 1982 Man Utd team.

binners

The bloke, like Scholsey, is an utter legend, in the true sense of the word.

Interesting fact about last weekends game. He scored and so did Raphael. When Giggs scored his first premiership goal, Raphael was 3! 😯

BoardinBob

There have been better players in the premiership

To be fair, not many. Certainly not with the consistency. Bigger players have come and gone but he’s always been there. I’m not really a big football fan, but he is by far my favourite premiership player of all time.

IHN

he was the only sticker I didn’t have in my Panini 1982 Man Utd team.

That would be because he was about 9 at the time. Do you mean 1992?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

i thought this was going to be a thread about another “incident” with his brother’s missus….

😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Chapeau to the bloke.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The bloke, like Scholsey, is an utter legend, in the true sense of the word.

+1

Always thought Dennis Irwin was a great example of a professional footballer as well.

Scary thing is I remember Giggs getting Young Player of the Year!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

To be fair, not many. Certainly not with the consistency. Bigger players have come and gone but he’s always been there. I’m not really a big football fan, but he is by far my favourite premiership player of all time.

In agreement, by ‘better’ I’m talking about in terms of absolute ability. But I’m only thinking of berkamp, Zola and……
    For consistency and longevity there’s no one else to compare. Greatest premiership player ever.

@binners – that Raphael stat is nuts!

GaryLake
    Free Member

A professional in every sense of the word!

(On the pitch anyway)

binners

@binners – that Raphael stat is nuts!

Indeed. Could I use it as another excuse to watch this again….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp2_WT2wtWg[/video]

Original ball in by guess who? 😀

brakes
    Free Member

That would be because he was about 9 at the time. Do you mean 1992?

my mistake, I was thinking of Ray Wilkins.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ryan Giggs – keeps on keeping on’ is closed to new replies.