Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Ryan airs new baggage system
  • GrahamS

The only people I have less sympathy with than ryan air are the idiots who fly with them and then think they can complain when cheap doesn’t equal service.

Sadly there isn’t always a choice. I despise RyanAir, not least because they charge me £50 each way for my snowboard – which is more than my seat costs.

But I’m forced into using them as they are the only ones flying where I want to go. 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What a shower of shites. Flying a route that nobody else does. 🙁

richmtb

So Ryanair charge people for hold baggage, not a trivial amount either but £30 each way

Peoples natural response is to cram everything in the biggest carry on bag they can get away with. So now the overhead lockers are full and the hold is half empty.

I guess charging a little bit less for hold luggage so more people take this option hasn’t occurred to them

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I guess charging a little bit less for hold luggage so more people take this option hasn’t occurred to them

I dunno, I reckon every possible method of charging passengers for anything other than the flight itself most certainly has occurred to them. 🙂

GrahamS

Maybe they need an option where you can pay a reasonable price for hold luggage, but you have to load and unload it yourself 😀

Actually I’d probably pay extra to know that my bag was actually on the plane and no one was playing football with it. 😆

dannybgoode

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAg0lUYHHFc[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

why are youse complaining? 90 bags go above the seat, the rest go in the hold free of charge. what’s the problem? :confused:

porter_jamie

i don’t really understand the ryan air haters. no-one forces you to fly with them. they must be doing something right because they are so popular. if you pay the extra 20 quid or whatever it is for priority boarding you get to walk to the front of the queue so you don’t have to listen to everyone else moaning. the flights are still much cheaper than anyone else so it doesn’t matter.

GrahamS

no-one forces you to fly with them

Except, as above, RyanAirs dominance has pushed out other carriers on some routes so they are sometimes the only option.

the flights are still much cheaper than anyone else so it doesn’t matter.

Not if you compare to other budget airlines EasyJet, FlyBe, bmi Baby, Whizz Air etc

seosamh77
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    no-one forces you to fly with them
    Except, as above, RyanAirs dominance has pushed out other carriers on some routes so they are sometimes the only option.

They should have charged cheaper then.

cp

the flights are still much cheaper than anyone else so it doesn’t matter.

I don’t find this to be the case at all any more.

Even BA has been cheaper on numerous occasions, never mind the rest.

GrahamS

They should have charged cheaper then.

I’m not sure you fully understand market forces. 😀

Pembo
    Free Member

@GrahamS – out of interest which route forces you to fly Ryanair, and which airlines have pulled the plug on that route?

GrahamS

From my own experience booking (tomorrows!) snowboarding holiday, flying direct to Bratislava means using RyanAir

Likewise Krakow is only RyanAir or EasyJet.

I don’t know the history of that market – but I gather from speaking to the chalet owner that other budget providers did service it at one time.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Ryan airs new baggage system’ is closed to new replies.