Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Ryan Air passenger removal in Spain
  • nealglover
    Free Member

I had to dump a croissant and a bottle of juice a couple of years ago on a flight back from Dublin.

That would have cost an extra £1 on Ryaniar wouldn’t it ? 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

It didn’t actually do anything to effect the weight of the plane though. Which proves its just a way of them making extra money at the gate

flew with someone and we had a bag each. Mine was slightly over hers was miles under. They did make me take some stuff out of one bag and put it in the other.
    Pointless

billysugger
    Free Member

Sleasyjet are the same.

Flight attendant barked at me for taking more than 3 seconds to put hand luggage above. After I’d just shuffled onto the plane for a good 10 minutes behind people taking forever.

Aggression on a plane will not be tolerated unless it’s from an orange scouse employee.

Was cheap mind 8)

cchris2lou

i have to fly regularly and only use Ryanair if i have to .

the thing which annoys me most is that they let you fly out with more weight and bigger luggage ( from stanstead ) but are very strict on the way back .

and they wont let you board first even with young kids .

my daughter was 1 month old on her first trip and they were having none of it . in the end i waited to board last and took all the time in the world despite the staff telling me to hurry up .

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

my daughter was 1 month old on her first trip and they were having none of it . in the end i waited to board last and took all the time in the world despite the staff telling me to hurry up .
    mind you faced with this crap, who can blame them for getting stroppy. “I have kids and demand to be let on first without paying the priority boarding surcharge, otherwise i’ll just go slow and annoy all the other passengers because i’m a parent you know and i have a child that will scream all the way to the other side whilst i grin like an idiot and keep telling people how cute he/she/it is.”

andyrm
    Free Member

flew with someone and we had a bag each. Mine was slightly over hers was miles under. They did make me take some stuff out of one bag and put it in the other.
    Pointless

It’s not about the overall wight of the plane, it’s about what is deemed to be a manageable weight for the average person to be able to move at above head height. Reason for that is in the case of onboard emergency such as a behind panel fire or leak of something from a bag, so that crew could manage to move it and deal with the problem.

I worked for an airline for a couple of years after uni and excessive hand baggage weight was responsible for a surprising amount of work related injuries.

jota180
    Free Member

It’s not about the overall wight of the plane, it’s about what is deemed to be a manageable weight for the average person to be able to move at above head height.

If that’s the case, it seems odd that different airlines have come to vastly different conclusions regarding it.
    Some are 5kg, some 10kg

IanMunro
    Free Member

but they also cheap and much more punctual than many other airlines.

I heard that the reason they are more punctual is their route times are based on a time slower than everyone else’s so that are pretty much guaranteed to be on time. Anyone know if their is any truth to this?

andyrm
    Free Member

If that’s the case, it seems odd that different airlines have come to vastly different conclusions regarding it.
    Some are 5kg, some 10kg

Each airline can set their own rules re: cabin baggage weight. And at the end of the day, Ryanair have said 10kg and put it out there publicly. If someone chooses to not read the terms and conditions, they don’t really have any right to complain do they? It’s not like it is a surprise. If you know the limit is 10kg, why would someone knowingly exceed it and then moan they are being charged?

jota180
    Free Member

I wasn’t arguing with the 10kg rule, just your comment that it wasn’t the weight per se, rather a H&S matter

leffeboy

You can pay for priority boarding if you think you should have special attention. I do and highly recommend it – it takes all the pain out of having to arrive early to get to the front of the queue, having to rush on to get overhead locker space and trying to get seats all together.

I try to avoid Ryanair if I can but as said earlier, sometimes they are the best choice, not just the cheapest

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Some are 5kg, some 10kg

target markets? ryanair expect crisp crunching, pie munching chubbies who would struggle to lift 5 kg above their heads. others expect lean mean cycling machine stw’ers so can conveniently raise the bar to 10 kg?

jota180
    Free Member

target markets? ryanair expect crisp crunching, pie munching chubbies who would struggle to lift 5 kg above their heads. others expect lean mean cycling machine stw’ers so can conveniently raise the bar to 10 kg?

Could be, on some airlines you can increase your hand luggage allowance in return for more cash, so I highly doubt the H&S claim

Back to the OP
    The Spanish have a law that says the airlines must allow hand luggage on up to the allowed weight regardless of how many bags it’s in, so maybe that’s what the Spanish woman was getting uptight about?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Ryan Air passenger removal in Spain’ is closed to new replies.