Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • RX-8 Uno Chainrings
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Anyone run one?

I’ve heard they creak under load?

And Middleburn have tried to resolve the issue with a revised design, but have not been sucessful

The Uno rings are also bloody expensive (£70 odd!)

bonesetter
    Free Member

Middleburn’s anyone?

spectabilis
    Free Member

RX-8 creaking ? might be the drivers wrist…….

If you mean RS-8’s then I run an UNO setup on my SS . Not a sound out of them I can hear the grit in the chainlinks but no the Crankset is rock solid.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bonesetter
    Free Member

😯 Ah, yes, I do mean rS-8…

Great to hear as I’ve just gone through the pain of ordering one to use SS

Wished I had known the RS-8 has a different offset to the square taper stuff I used a while back so all that stuff – including the tools to get the lockring off is all different…

How long have you been running that set-up? How durable is it proving to be?

Cheers

spectabilis
    Free Member

Only about 4-5months I recon but it’s used for the off road commute to work and being a rigid SS it gets left covered in crap i’m not the lightest of chaps either but yeah crankset is rock solid.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Good to hear.

I’ve ran the square taper cranks on and off and have always thought them not only well stiff enough, but good lookers too

I suppose I’m more interested in the Uno ring and how that has been for you – tooth wear particularly

spectabilis
    Free Member

Well when I say they’re rock solid I mean the chainring / crank interface, no creaks or flexing.
    I have a hardcoat ring I’ll get some pics to show any wear on ‘morrows ride if I remember.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Oh thanks

spectabilis
    Free Member

Right here you go.

Not too bad considering I’m running a sloppy half link too.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Blimey – that’s quite amazing for ~6 months use

I used an Uno for a while and it got well worn – I guess that was running a 1×9 though so having a straight chain line is obviously much much better

Thanks for posting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘RX-8 Uno Chainrings’ is closed to new replies.