Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • RWS Thru Bolt ?s
  • backnsaddleagain
    Free Member

I’m running a Fox F-series fork with the QR dropouts and considering switching to a 9mm thrubolt. The RWS (aluminum lever) looks to be the best choice, but I take my front wheel off to put my bike on the roof rack and I heard that the RWS can rough up the dropouts with regular removal. Does anyone use the Fireye or Superstar versions? Are they comparable? Perhaps more importantly, will the shape of my fork affect the clamping mechanism of the RWS? It looks like it may interfere with spinning.

Markie
    Free Member

I have the Superstar versions… I never figured I’d own anything Superstar after what I’ve seen here, but these came on a set of wheels I bought and I think they’re great – noticeably stiffer than regular QRs (where this means ‘noticeable in my mind, but no empirical testing has been done’!).

Can’t compare with the RWS, but happy to recommend them on their own merits.

If you want the same action as the Superstar and Fireye but with lighter weight and more craftsmanship, I reckon these are the ones to go for (based solely on how they look)…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘RWS Thru Bolt ?s’ is closed to new replies.