Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • RWC2015
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not too early to start the banter is it?

😀

rwc03
    Free Member

Looking forward to it. Any idea when the tickets are going to become available?

zokes
    Free Member

Could have given Wales home advantage against the Aussies!

wrecker
    Free Member

Could have given Wales home advantage against the Aussies!

Didn’t the aussies kick off when this was discussed?

zokes
    Free Member

They’d whinge at anything

pondo

Any idea when the tickets are going to become available?

I believe the announcement about tickets is imminent, today. 🙂

Scamper
    Free Member

Plenty of matches at Kingsholm 😀

Which i’m sure Tigers will be reminded of Friday evening.

Pigface
    Free Member

It really is a rubbish draw 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

The Twickers games are near enough double the price of everywhere else!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It really is a rubbish draw

Unless you’re New Zealand. In which case it’s a nice stroll through the early stages. Sadly.

pondo

Well, I’m glad I signed up to the newsletter to get the information first…

*Clicks “unsubscribe” – especially after seeing the ticket prices.

Scamper
    Free Member

Pity not more of the larger club rugby stadiums are being used but they must be confident of getting the numbers into Villa Park etc

Scamper
    Free Member

What I presume are the terrace and shed tickets at Kingsholm look fine price wise, but the more expensive seats are er, expensive.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Phew thank heavens we haven’t got you guys at the Millenium Flashy! We need a sniff of a chance.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not too early been thinking / discussing this with RFU for a while. My debentures expire summer 2015 and unlike 1999 debenture holders aren’t guaranteed RWC tickets for Twickenham matches. If they want close to £20k for a renewal we are going to need some better assurance about RWC tickets. As its stands it’s more interesting to just apply for a semi/finals package, if I don’t get one so be it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@scamper there was a big fuss about not using the club stadiums but fact is they are just not big enough really, hence football stadiums. I think they’ll fill up.

Some interesting trips possible, see the Boks in Brighton. Always good to go to the Millemium too.

Prices are aggressive I recall 1999 semis at Twickenham where £100, I think we paid £150 for 2003 QF in Marseilles and that was 4 rows from touch line between half way and 22. Face value of our 2003 final ticket was £175 up in the gods but great view. When NZ prices came out I decided not to go, they ended up with lots of unsold tickets and empty rows for QF and SF. England is different, lots of captive audience and no need for expensive flights. As always I think there will be lots of Southern Hemisphe supporters either travelling or already resident in UK/Europe

I personally have no interest in paying £315 to see a pool game but will pay those prices for Semi/Finals and maybe the right QF.

The tickets are expensive but will sell for the main matches, it’s all the daft or one side games which they will struggle with

Sandwich

So England will be playing Samoa (possibly a bit harsh on Americas 2). 😀

sputnik
    Free Member

Looks like a SA v NZ final.

somouk
    Free Member

Really disappointed with the ticket pricing to be honest. I see no point in them having the whole apply for tickets and ballot procedure as most true rugby fans who want to see England play are priced out.

They’re just making a quick book but at the expense of the fans.

toys19
    Free Member

I see wales and australia knocking us out.

Scamper
    Free Member

Scottish fans can see their team play for £20.

anagallis_arvensis

I see wales and australia knocking us out.

its an epic pool you could easily see aus, eng, wales all winning one each.wales beat eng, but lose to aus and eng beat aus. Then what?

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah that is a distinct pissibolity especially because of the order of the games:
    1) wales come out fighting and put their all into beating england
    2) england recover pride beating aus
    3) wales lost too many good players to injuries and can’t quite make it against Aus.

(Mind you that’s assuming one of the lower tier nations doesn’t surprise one of us, remember “Fiji Now and Evermore?”)

Isn’t the decision done on some points thing, we had this last time or the time before didn’t we? England only just made it past the pool stages..

NZCol

The ticket scheme here was a bit problematic. There were some small stadiums used which sold out instantly and then the pricing of some games, esp QF and SF meant they went unsold. I went to all the pool games in wellington and both qfs here as well. It was awesome and while not cheap well worth it as an experience.
    My wife tells me the QF tickets were about $250 each and the pool package was about $1000 each.
    Could the football World Cup, I looked into Brazil tickets and a package was $37,0000 !

toys19
    Free Member

I was in marseille for the 2007 QF sat was Eng vs Aus, sun was SA vs Fiji, there were people everywhere selling tickets for face value or less, I watched both games live, despite being there without a ticket initially.

After we beat Aus there were loads of Aussies on the exit shouting “tickets for the final, going cheap”

From the 2011 rules:

If at the completion of the pool phase two or more teams are level on match points, then the following criteria shall be used in the following order until one of the Teams can be determined as the higher ranked:
    The winner of the match in which the two tied teams have played each other shall be the higher ranked;
    The team which has the best difference between points scored for and points scored against in all its pool matches shall be the higher ranked;
    The team which has the best difference between tries scored for and tries scored against in all its pool matches shall be the higher ranked;
    The team which has scored most points in all its pool matches shall be the higher ranked;
    The team which has scored most tries in all its pool matches shall be the higher ranked;
    Should the tie be unresolved at the conclusion of steps 1 through 5, the team that is higher ranked in the updated Official IRB World Rankings on October 3, 2011.

jambalaya
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    I was in marseille for the 2007 QF sat was SA vs Fiji, sun was Eng vs Aus, there were people everywhere selling tickets for face value or less, I watched both games live, despite being there without a ticket initially.

Best rugby weekend ever, especially being in the Vieux Port watching France beat NZ.

England played Saturday I think (I am enough of an anorak to have my match day ticket still). Tons of England fans dressed in Fiji shirts, grass skirts and wigs for the second match 20-20 at one stage too. Great laugh all the aussies selling Semi tickets after the match and all the Saffers chanting “Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie out out out”

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quite a nice day for a game or rugby, it was mentioned more than once that shorts and t-shirts in October beat the barbour, hat and rain of Twickenham

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quite proud of this one

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Blimey, that’s getting close to rivalling the Polish cyclists!!!!!

toys19
    Free Member

jamblaya, I was up in the top right corner. You are correct eng aus was sat, I edited my post…

It was not only the best rugby weekend,it was the best weekend, ever.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Those shirts!!!! I had erased them from the memory.

jambalaya
    Free Member

rwc03– Member
    Looking forward to it. Any idea when the tickets are going to become available?

From Jan 2014 – there is a schedule on the website. I would imagine by the time club members are done there will be little in the public ballot for interesting matches. I understand a denture holders letter was sent out recently, not been around to collect mine.

NZCol

All the moaners have appeared here on the forums moaning about how it is so shockingly expensive to watch the ABs retain the World Cup. I has now been pointed out that the tickets prices are lower than they were in NZ and my goodness that has created a sh1t storm.

zokes
    Free Member

its an epic pool you could easily see aus, eng, wales all winning one each.wales beat eng, but lose to aus and eng beat aus. Then what?

Rock, paper, scissors?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@NZCol – I posted up I thought NZ prices where shocking. I decided not to go on that basis. It was quite allying to get many emails from organisers offering tickets to QF’s and Semi’s (and Final ?) right up to the games as they hadn’t sold out and when originally you could only buy them as packages. By that stage flight and hotels where gone. England has a much larger home market and it’s easy to get here via London or another nearby European airport.

These tickets are expensive but the main games will sell, its the regional stuff between second tier nations that will not. Was discussing it last night with the guys I usually go to games with and we thought we’d all apply for packages to take in knockout rounds depending upon what else we have to take (pool games etc)

@toys19 – yes I think I agree, best weekend ever.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘RWC2015’ is closed to new replies.