Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rutland Cycles?
  • Amos
    Free Member

Has any one used them? Ordered some shorts sunday evening, and paid online (obviuosly) got a confirmation email stating they’d take money when item was despatched but that’s it? Nothing? No emails saying out of stock or mails stating item sent. In all a rather vague transaction. I’ll call ’em tomorrow but in the mean time any others had experience with them? Good/bad or indifferent!

KonaTC

I use Grafham cycles, sister shop to Rutland, I have always found them to be good, but as I live near I tend to visit

ibis
    Free Member

good shops to visit, always found them helpful

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

Rutland cycles are a nightmare mail order. Really bad stock control, so you will order something and then not hear anything for ages until the item turns up one day. If you are used to using Wiggle or CRC you will be disappointed.

Amos
    Free Member

Jamie

Yeah that’s hit the nail on the head guess I got used to the slickness of wiggle and crc (i’ve never had an issue with either before I get a barrage of abuse) Guess I’ll call them tomorrow and hope for the best.

mrmo
    Free Member

ordered a shock before christmas, various issues, it took a while to arrive and i ended up with a far better shock at a good price.

To some up, ring them before you order to check if they have it in stock.

v10
    Free Member

Just checked your order online and there seems to have been a problem with the 3D secure card security system for your order.

Give us a call on 01780 460705 tomorrow and ask to speak to Steve Bailey. Shorts should be in stock and he will get you sorted straight away.

Very sorry about any delay or inconvenience this has caused.

As for the stock control on the web, it will be improving in the coming months as were employing more staff keeping the site up to date. We’ve also just moved our web department into new offices ajoining our largest store and introduced a new order processing system (although in this case its this that has gone wrong). Were not going to be wiggle or crc inside 6 months, but we always answer the phone and try to provide a good honest service.

Anyone with a problem from STW is more than welcome to contact me directly (luke@rutlandcycling.co.uk or 01780 460705 ext39) and ill help in anyway i can.

scaredypants

recently bought my 1st “bit” from them – was fine

they were out of stock but emailed me more than weekly & phoned a couple of times to confirm I wanted to wait rather than cancel (was running up to Christmas so it could have mattered to me BUT I suppose they were busy)

I’d happily use em again but would phone ahead if I needed the order quickly

Amos
    Free Member

OK after a phone call everything rectifyed they actually turned out to be better than CRC and wiggle!

rOcKeTdOg

order 3 different items at seperate times, all three times, despite showing stock i received nothing, after a week or so, phoned to be told, ‘waiting for stock’ amazingly items received a couple of days after phone call, not really impressed

mildred

Bought a few things from them mail order and its always turned up within a couple of days. Can’t grumble at their returns service either.

Rivett
    Free Member

What a bling shop for such a boring area.

taka
    Free Member

i ordered a rear light from crc in november the 12th i wasnt out of stock till 22nd of dec did that stock aleret thing and today i got an email saying its back in stock but i may not get it because other people have ordered it before me

****ts

v10
    Free Member

Glad we got you sorted Amos.

Weve got 3 well kitted out shops and 2 warehouses so do carry a lot of stock but with a website thats not yet fully linked to these stock levels its sometimes best to give us a quick call just to check weve got it before ordering, we also carry a number of items in the stores that arent listed on the website so if there is anything else your after its always worth asking. Phone calls are always answered and as ive said above anyone struggling call me direct and ill prod the right people into action!

At the end of the day i like riding my bike and nice kit and hate to wait for stuff as much as anyone else, so will always do my best to get people sorted asap!

delstron
    Free Member

The shop is quite good* but the web side of things has never worked for me. They had none of the stuff in stock I needed last year for a new build, not one out of 6-7 items on the web page.

* Bought a new Kona for the wife and was fobbed off twice when the suspension seatpost disintegrated after 6 months. Bought some shoes – missing sole plates – took an age to send them on. Once tried to sell me an obviously too large Mount Vision (it was the last of last years models).

If you do use them, let me know, I may have a discount code – I will not be needing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rutland Cycles?’ is closed to new replies.