Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ruthin Marathon tomorrow, anyone doing it?
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Tempted to drive across tomorrow morning and enter on the day for the ride.
    Anyone else doing it?
    Done it before?
    Is it a good ride.
    Weathers looking ok so far…

Clink

I’m in on ss. Never done it before but used to work up there. Coming up from SW today.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Yep – but not done this one before so no feedback for you. Should be a good ride out I reckon…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigmick25
    Free Member

I’m in, not done the event before but rode most of the trails and it should be superb,but be warned there will be a little bit of climbing 😉

trailhound101

Am in – will be the 3rd this year. Other 2 were great and I’ve heard this is a real challenge 🙂

ononeorange

So badly wish I was but off the bike for a couple of months at least. Love Ruthin, try to do the night rid then the main ride usually. Beautiful area and brilliant riding. Enjoy and post up here.

badbob
    Free Member

4th year there, short route, its enough

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

My local trails around the Clwyds. Conditions are quite good up there at the moment…but I am working so enjoy guys.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Did it a couple of years ago when it was the Merida. It will be fine if the weather plays nice, its a mixture of road, fireroad and singletrack, the singletrack bits could get interesting if it rains.

Take care on some of the road sections, some are high speed and they can be bone dry in places and then slippy wet under shaded areas, don’t drop your guard and get caught out.

markyd

done it probably 4 times now and love it. Full course for me (at least that is the aim). I’ve never had a problem entering on the day, but ususally enter in advance

jonny-m
    Free Member

When and how often are the feed stations, anybody know?

cubicboy
    Free Member

I’m doing the 75k for the second year running. We’re driving across from Nottingham at 6am… which is a bit of a pain. We keep saying that we’re going to camp but never do. It features lots of climbing and some nice XC bits.

Speshpaul

entry on the day no problem, they don’t limit the numbers.
    I’ve done it many time’s the route gets tweaked every year.
    But there is always the same massive climb at the start, Its on all the routes.
    Just take your time find some space and grind it out.
    Always enjoy Ruthin.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Great circuit. Route is here https://www.strava.com/activities/78937152

jonny-m
    Free Member

Great route, proper “out there”. Big hills, nice single track too, great day.
    Made it round the 75k route in 4.40
    Pretty happy as wanted sub 5

Clink

Fab day out. I did it in 5 hours on the dot (on ss). Some great descents and glorious weather.

bigmick25
    Free Member

What a great event, full 75Km for me,struggled with cramp for the last few miles but really well organised will mark it down as a ‘must do’ for next year.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ruthin Marathon tomorrow, anyone doing it?’ is closed to new replies.