• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rusty old lamp…anyone want it?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Found this in the shed. Much as I hate throwing things out, anyone want it for the postage cost?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BrgD5K3XRxFs4V0N2

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Bet if it was a 1900’s Hardy fly reel you wouldn’t give it away for postage! 😆

crogthomas
    Free Member

That looks to be a stove rather than a lamp. Similar to an old Primus parafin stove.
    It’s missing three tent peg looking bits that would have slot into the holes in the edges to support the cooking pot.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve got a sheriff’s badge in a similar condition.

Swap?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Stove, that’s the word I was looking for. Peg bits may be in that tin, I didn’t check the rusty gubbins properly!

Anyone enjoy restoring and polishing useless bits of guff?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Ooooh, me, me, me please.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

They can go for reasonable money if the desired model ect and if not still £15 up

Mikeypies
    Free Member

If old git didn’t get it I will have it please

slowoldgit
    Free Member

To be fair, would someone post what they go for on ebay or where-ever. I remember camping with something similar forty years ago. That’s my interest.

maccruiskeen

Anyone enjoy restoring and polishing useless bits of guff?

I bet you say that to all the girls

Mikeypies
    Free Member

As with everything the devil is in the detail, what MOD l is it etc

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’s a Phoebus 30 and the pan support pins are there. Email from someone about it so looks like it’s found a new home!

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve got a sheriff’s badge in a similar condition.

I bet you have, dirty boy 😀

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Thanks, Dan, it arrived yesterday: well packed and secured with about a hundred yards of tape.

kcal

wow. I sorted through a lot of my dad’s old camping gear, and put up some Indian (possible copy) of a Primus style stove. Blow me, it went for about £50 (it was in decent nick to be fair). The guy that bought it said they were sought after items for old style limbing and walking guys, also fishermen and the like. You just never know and – part from the cash – is why I tried to recycle in some way all his stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rusty old lamp…anyone want it?’ is closed to new replies.