Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Russian people, in general?
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ve only dealt with a couple of Russians so it wouldn’t be fair to stereotype a whole nation based on them but they were slow to settle their debt and had an astounding sense of entitlement.

chewkw
    Free Member

The one I know is hard working.

Generally they are good laugh if you know them … until they start drinking … 😆

shermer75
    Free Member

Because they are always in a hurry?

nedrapier

I’m not Russian, I’m taking my time.

Leku
    Free Member

Do they wear gloves?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The only Russian I have ever worked with was very hard working, he could drink his weight in Vodka on a daily basis and had shocking dress sense.

HansRey

i know a few russians and they’re all lovely. They all left Russia when they were teenagers and are mostly appalled by what’s going on back in Russia.

footflaps

Turns out she’s a Slovack…………

🙂

nickc

Of the Eastern Europeans I know and talk to daily

The 2 Romanians are like Italians only Cheaper, very very racist towards the Roma, other than that fine, the Latvians and Lithuanians are fine, normal, no real hang ups, laugh at our notion of Winter, the Bulgarians both speak Russian, don’t like them very much, hard working v serious. The Ukranian is very Pro Russian, worried for her mum. The Finish… “Good morning” is a conversation

jambalaya
    Free Member

Based on those I have met it must be an extra-ordinarily wealthy country. Many more women than men I am told.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bikebouy – Member
    oooh…well I’ve setup windsurfing resorts in Egypt, and the clientelle have been/was 80% Russians..

My observations from this experience (which are simply observations of behaviours shown):
    -unable to queue/first to the front
    -very able to push/barge/shove/manhandle/swear/stare down
    -drinks/food by the bucketload, are demanded without please and thankyou, or smiling
    -can’t rig sails
    -won’t rig sails
    -sometimes return kit
    -most of the time leave it on the beach 200mtrs away
    -breaks kit in large doses
    -breaks kit then throws it on the beach instead of returning it
    -breaks kit and jumps up and down on it
    -breaks kit and shoves it in your face whilst grimising
    -breaks kit and shoves it in your face and demands new kit
    -breaks kit and shoves it in your face and threatens you
    -wear tiny bikinis
    -have blond hair
    -wear large shades
    and the women
    -wear pieces of string as bikinis if you are lucky
    -have blond streightend hair
    -wear enormous shades

That is all…

Bikebouy

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Three Russians are brag about sons. “My son is soldier. He have rape as many women as want,” say first Russian. “Zo?” second say, “My son is farmer. He have all potato he want!” Third Russian wait long time, then say, “My son is die at birth. For him, struggle is over.” “Wow! You are win us,” say others. But all are feel sad.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just on the way back from Greece.

The girls wear next to nothing. All of them are rude and disgusting habits like blowing there nose in to the swimming pool when walking past, even spitting in to it.

Arses the lot of them.

Of course I also work with a Russian, and have a couple of Russian friends and they are just like the rest of us.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Two Russians look at sun. Is not sun, but nuclear reactor meltdown. Russians happy because maybe now warm enough to plant potato.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

No idea. Don’t care, as long as they keep producing:

grantway
    Free Member

I find the ones on Building sites some what arrogant
    Useless/inept and ok for lifting things
    Smoke and drink to much Alcohol

More like what men thought what a man was in this Country some 30 years back

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Polonium tea

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

TomW – WTF dude.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I don’t know about the Russian people in general, but Russian Generals have some snazzy uniforms.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

TomW – WTF dude.

You’re offended by those dark jokes when theres actual racism in this thread?

Those were actually told to me by a Latvian of Russian descent, whilst she was living up to a stereotype and downing a bottle of vodka.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hmm, a good point I guess.

I especially didn’t like the first one though.

I am a bit over sensitive today 😉

hot_fiat

Have got lots of Russian friends though work. The rich ones can be a PITA. Generally though, they’re lovely friendly people.

You have to understand though that a Russian’s method of gaining respect, in their mind, is to scare the living daylights out of you. As my good friend Sargay demonstrates here:

and again:

CountZero

Cool hats.

Actually very warm, too warm for last winter, sadly; I bought it because of the previous two winters… 😐

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, at least they can dance better than us brits

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DMF5jDhmkI[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

They’re a crazy bunch!

[video]http://youtu.be/mozYoPICQJE[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

and..

[video]http://youtu.be/Jo7V5q4-JtI[/video]

😆

rossatease
    Free Member

They’re all a bit ‘Life on Mars’ the way we were in the seventies, haven’t been ‘liberalised’ yet, I’m sure the tree huggers will get them all eventually.

Until then they remain friendly unreconstructed humans pretty much the same as us except with more guns.

cloudnine
    Free Member

They like drinking vodka, driving badly and dangling from cranes.
    Some also wear funny hats.

cheers_drive

The ones I’ve met – have been to Moscow and St Peterburg a couple of times – show no emotion for the first hour or so after that they warm up a bit.
    The thing with all nations is that what may be culturally the norm for one can be rude for another and doesn’t necessarily reflect the underlying character of the individual. It’s the same with Americans, many of them on appear awful from the outset with their brash unreserved ways but get to no them and they are just the same as others.

Edit: One stereotype that is true about Russia – or Muscovites at least – is that most of the women under 30 are drop dead stunning.

seadog101

I work with a fair few of them. On the whole they are much like everyone else:

Some are smart, bright and hard working, generally likeable.
    Some are stupid, work shy muppets, generally disagreeable.

ALL of them will argue about politics, so don’t enter into any discussions about it.

Agreed that they all like their food and drink, putting in a lot of time and effort to make the most of what is offered.

DrP

Dez – that video made me Chuckleovski!

DrP

breadcrumb

The ones I met in the Dominican were some of the rudest people I’ve ever met.

I don’t all Russians cab be that bad?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I am a bit over sensitive today

Nahh it’s no problem if your upset by the part that I think you are.

Fair play, hope all is well with you.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Russian people, in general?’ is closed to new replies.