Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Russian people, in general?
  • ton

your thoughts.

russianbob
    Free Member

your thoughts first please

zilog6128

Cool hats.

allthepies
    Free Member

Anna Chapman FTW (don’t google at work)

warpcow
    Free Member

The two I’ve met recently were quite different from each other. One had breasts while the other didn’t. Weird.

martinhutch

There are things which a man is afraid to tell even to himself, and every decent man has a number of such things stored away in his mind.

DrP

oooh…well I’ve just come back from 2 weeks in Egypt, and the resort was 80% Russians..

My observations from this experience (which are simply observations of behaviours shown):
    -unable to queue
    -very able to push
    -drinks/food are asked for without please and thankyou, or smiling (i appreciate it’s a foreign language, but I learnt my P+Qs in French and German, didn’t you…)
    -wear tiny bikinis

That is all…

DrP

nemesis
    Free Member

They speak Russian (mostly).

Jeez, try and define ‘British’ people in a singular way. We’re a hell of a lot smaller than Russia.

Jamie
    Free Member

Today’s award, for most apposite username, goes to….

loddrik
    Free Member

Judging by the ones in Egypt last year, shocking dress sense, women have bad hair, no concept of queuing, they just go for the gap.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

oooh…well I’ve just come back from 2 weeks in Egypt Leeds, and the resort was 80% Yorkshiremen..

My observations from this experience (which are simply observations of behaviours shown):
    -unable to queue
    -very able to push
    -drinks/food are asked for without please and thankyou, or smiling (i appreciate it’s a foreign language, but I learnt my P+Qs in French and German, didn’t you…)
    -wear tiny bikinis

That is all…

ton

i was gonna say just a tad rude.

slowoldman

Yorkshiremen in tiny bikinis? Must be getting ready for the TdF.

luffy105
    Free Member

I met a few over the years in Ski Resorts but did not have much to do with them so can’t comment on them whilst on holiday

Currently sat next to a lovely Russian girl in my office and she is great fun and very hard working. Very polite too.

She makes a crap cup of tea though.

So, all in all my thoughts about Russians…. Lovely people but can’t make tea for toffee.

andytherocketeer

Ace driving skills, especially at traffic lights. Brits just don’t get anywhere.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

i was gonna say just a tad rude.

Then get a bigger bikini fella. Nothing worse than spilling out the sides. 😉

IanW
    Free Member

What DrP said.

andytherocketeer

Have encountered many skiing (and know several). Brits and French teenage locals who have just learned to smoke can easily beat “Russians” on the rudeness scale in the lift queue.

* by “Russians” I mean anyone who sounds Eastern European, since those complaining about them just use the word “Russian”, when the other party could in fact be Ukrainian, Belarussian, Polish, Slovakian,…

chakaping
    Free Member

Better change the thread title to “Russian people who go on all-inclusive package holidays”.

I’ve just come back from 2 weeks in Egypt, and the resort was 80% Russians..

How did you know they were Russians? Did they have snow on their boots?

fasthaggis

Great moustaches.
    The ones that I have worked with have been fine ,but they took no prisoners at ‘5 a sides’ 😯 🙂

IHN

From experience in ski resorts; the material that they most favour for skiwear construction is binbag.

ska-49
    Free Member

My other half is Russian.
    I fear for my life daily.

DrP

How did you know they were Russians? Did they have snow on their boots?

Two ways…
    1 – The manager said “the resort is now 100% full, 80% of them are Russian guests”.
    2 – When Shady and Tito (the ents guys) were rallying the crowds at the evening disco, the lame “yay” the Brits gave out when he called out the different nations was swamped by the upmighty roar that was bellowed when they calle out “Roo-see-ya”…..!

DrP

andytherocketeer

I’m sure some can ride a bike.

thepurist

The one thing that really ticks me off about Russians is their inability to post in the correct forum.

bigjim

Is this the thread for ‘UKIP voters’ to come out publically then?

Given the rep of the British abroad, this is a bit sad, go and watch one of those fly on the wall brits abroad programs and have a think about it.

ads678

There’s a Latvian lass at my work and she seems decent. Don’t know any actual Russians though.

Jamie
    Free Member

The one thing that really ticks me off about Russians is their inability to post in the correct forum.

Tsk. You’re such a purist.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

shocking dress sense

This is my only real observation.

The Land that Style forgot.

pondo

Slight in stature, very quiet, nice enough, just left and obsessed with cars, based purely on the one that I’ve knowingly met.

binners

From observations at a Black Sea resort in Romania.

a) The blokes favour large German cars with blacked out windows, shiny suits with conspicuous gun-shaped lumps underneath their jackets, and never ever smile.
    b) The hookers are numerous, very easy on the eye, but look very expensive (I didn’t ask)

honourablegeorge

Heard a story about the Russian version of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” – basically, the audience were always rooting for th contestant to lose, cheering when he got questions wrong, etc. Their mentality was that the contestant was sealing their opportunity.

Had similar experiences myself. with that kind of “every man for himself” type attitude that seems to prevail – having been to Russia not long after the wall came down and seen what things were like over there, it’s an attitude I can easily understand. They had a rough time for a long time.

teasel
    Free Member

Then get a bigger bikini fella. Nothing worse than spilling out the sides.

*vomits*

Jamie
    Free Member

Then get a bigger bikini fella. Nothing worse than spilling out the sides.

*unzips*

natrix
    Free Member

no concept of queuing,

This from somebody who has no concept of parking correctly in the vicinity of schools 😡

Doh1Nut

Like to take endless group photos of each other
    (When wearing tiny bikini in Egyptian resorts)

yunki
    Free Member

**** (probably, I’ve never met one but they look the sort)

boxelder

We sacked our Russian cleaner because she would take hours to hoover every room
    Turns out she’s a Slovack…………

chakaping
    Free Member

😆

Storing that one away for future use.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Russian people, in general?’ is closed to new replies.