Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Russian government oversaw widespread doping in Olympic sports
  • corroded
    Free Member

I’m shocked!

atlaz
    Free Member

The bloke who wrote the report told the NYT over the weekend that the “rumours” that his report was going to come out against the Russian authorities was true, hence the huge petition of anti-doping agencies and athlete organisations asking for a blanket ban against the Russian team for Rio.

But yes. No big shock there.

mt
    Free Member

it is a suprise after it’s not as though they have a track record (he he) for this sort of thing.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Who’d a thunk it.

AlexSimon

The shock will come if anything is done about it 🙂

mt
    Free Member

Don’t worry Seb and his mates will sort it out.

footflaps

In other news, Bear craps in wood….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

it is a suprise after it’s not as though they have a track record (he he) for this sort of thing.

True, but I imagine someone is for the high jump (ho ho)

footflaps

Don’t worry Seb and his mates will sort it out.

Shame they don’t have frozen urine samples from his era, bet there would be lots caught out if they could re-test now……

binners

you’re not going to believe the rumours about Elton John!

slowoldman

Didn’t see that coming.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I listened to the press conference. Named most of the state infrastructure including the KGB. It should be to the shame of the Oympic movement that they awarded Socchi the winter games, they must now look very closely at all medals won there.

Russia should be excluded from Rio in all sports.

mrhoppy

In other news bears are Catholic and the pope shits in the woods.

AlexSimon

I know the corruption wasn’t surprising, but the public level of detail was and now that they’ve been banned form the Olympics, this has massively effected the lives of hundreds of athletes.
    The repercussions will run and run.

mrblobby
    Free Member

So why is it only Track and Field athletes that have been banned? Seems this is an IAAF decision. Are other sports governing bodies not following suite as I think the lab tested athletes across all sports.

darrell
    Free Member

decision on all Russian sports will be soon

jambalaya
    Free Member

Only 2 weeks to go to Rio, cutting this pretty fine

@mrblobby yes IAAF decision so far with IOC to come / respond

5thElefant
    Free Member

Is our state sponsored doping just better at not getting caught? Or can we claim this as a victory for private enterprise?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I guess the IAAF ban was already in place, just not being lifted as a result of the report.

Gotama
    Free Member

The Horizon programme on iplayer which covers doping is a decent watch. Interesting at the end where he looks at electrical doping. They buzz a part of your brain with electricity and in doing so it supresses the pain receptors (I think) so you can essentially push harder when you’re training. Interesting there was what looked to be a british cycling strip in a frame on the wall in the background…

mrblobby
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Bets – 75% failed tests where Russians, might be too low a guess

bails

[Putin]They weren’t Russian athletes, they we just local pro-Russian amateurs with legitimate grievances [/Putin]

AlexSimon

Want to place any bets?

What odds on Vino?

mtbfix

Looks like the IOC have dodged making a decision. BBC are reporting that they are leaving the individual governing bodies to decide on broad strokes bans. Gravy train keeps on rolling for the IOC.

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah, I saw that. I’m saddened, but not surprised. Completely gutless from the IOC.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^^ that would be typical, ie spineless. Even the British OC did that with the Moscow boycott in the 80’s – left it up to individual sports 😐

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

[rhetorical question]Who saw that coming?[/rhetorical question]

Whoever is lobbying for the Russians is really earning the bonuses they most certainly are getting.

binners

Its like the IOC and FIFA are locked in a fight to the death as to who can be the most corrupt and incompetent

The IOC are just edging it at the moment. And that takes some doing! 😯

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The IOC, as if we didn’t know already, are just a bunch of money grabbing cockweasels. To hear them talk about the integrity of the games makes me a) throw up in my mouth a little, and b) not bother watching the games.

Bunch of ****s.

darrell
    Free Member

I will not be watching any of it or caring

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Russian government oversaw widespread doping in Olympic sports’ is closed to new replies.