Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Russell brand on news night
  • josh1982
    Free Member

This should be good

jon1973
    Free Member

yes, waiting to watch it.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Peter Hitchens what a tw@

yunki
    Free Member

awesome.. thanks for the PSA

it’s panning out exactly like an 18 page STW thread.. all the characters are there..

😀

EDIT: 40 pager

jon1973
    Free Member

Peter Hitchin what a tw@

That’s what I was thinking. As soon as I realised he works for the Mail, I though…. Ah! that explains it.

convert

I’m a passive sort of person normally happy to listen to the opinions of others, but I’m feeling violent urges towards Hitchins.

Pook

I think Russell Brand is (clumsily) exposing him for the moron he really is.

yunki
    Free Member

it sort of makes you wonder who has the most valuable contribution to offer to society and whether drug use should be not only legal but compulsory…

chipsngravy
    Free Member

One of Brand’s finest moments. Brilliant!

Mr_C
    Free Member

I don’t think that adequately covers by a huge measure.

What world does this man inhabit. He seems to believe that an adequate deterrent will always stop people from committing crime. Obviously this is true, you just need to look at the US and how the threat of the death penalty keeps their murder rate so low. 🙄

seavers
    Free Member

this, 1000 times this!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It was completely unwarranted but the promise to give Hitchens a big kiss was comedy gold. Hitchens’ face!!!

Right wingers everywhere – there’s one of your poster boys.

donsimon
    Free Member

Did he ever need exposing?

Gribs

Quite correct but Russell Brands god bothering abstinence isn’t much better. Harm reduction is the sensible (liberal) option.

Pook

Brand’s main strong point I think was

“I’m not here to pass judgement on the legislation – I’m here to draw attention to the practices of [dr so and so] which helped me go clean”

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting features followed re women athletes

CaptJon
    Free Member

I really like Flanders when she does her economics stuff, but i think she let both debates down.

That said, Hitchens was exposed as being utterly out of touch – even the Tory MP disagreed with him. It was a shame Hitchens was included int he panel as any substance was lost as he insisted on reciting latin debating points. Brand had the right response to simply mock him, but that just made the problem worse and missed the point that Pook summed up.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I really like Flanders when she does her economics stuff,

Me too.
    But in fairness she could be talking about anything and I’d still be transfixed by her loveliness.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

every time I see Stephanie Flanders I think Michael Portillo.

IanMunro
    Free Member

That image has totally ruined my evening.

CountZero

I detest Brand, but Hitchens is an unspeakably vile individual. My dad has the Mail, which I scan through as well, just for entertainment, but Hitchens column on Sundays is just a load of reactionary ranting. The man hates everything! He loathes the “Useless Tories”™ © ®, he hates Labour, he seems to be a total sociopath.
    Should I ever be unfortunate enough to find myself in the same space as Hitchens and Piers ******* Morgan, I’d have to smash their smug faces together repeatedly and with extreme predjudice, because I would find it impossible to pick which one to punch out first.
    …And breath. 😈

unklehomered
    Free Member

I had forgotten How much I hate Hitchens… I usually just ignore him when he’s on the radio, it’s like there’s a particularly unpleasant fridge buzzing in the corner. He has absolutely no idea what he’s talking about, devoid of compassion and sympathy. Not a big brand fan, but I’ve been very impressed at how he’s been willing to put him self up front for this issue.

kimbers

Should I ever be unfortunate enough to find myself in the same space as Hitchens and Piers ******* Morgan, I’d have to smash their smug faces together repeatedly and with extreme predjudice, because I would find it impossible to pick which one to punch out first.

id say that im a peaceful non confrontational person but im down with the count on this one

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Russell brand on news night’ is closed to new replies.