Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rushup edge – mam tor end
  • dan1980
    Free Member

I've not been out on my bike for a long time and was kind of suprised to find that the bridleway at the end of Rushup edge has changed from about 6 months ago. Does anyone know long as the rocky bit leading down to the road has been filled in and smoothed off? Are there any other parts of the Peak that have been "improved" by the park authority?

I'm fat and crap, but I used to enjoy going down that bit after trudging along Rushup edge.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I thought the Mam Tor end of Rushup edge was the grassy vaguely rutted bit that goes down to the road that goes over to Edale?

Don't tell me they've smoothed the one that used to be like a river bed at the other end??

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    deserter
    Free Member

it makes me feel better about moving away keep hearing about all these 'improvements'

sounds like the place is getting ruined

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i don't seem to remember there being a single rock on rushup edge until the summit 😯

Bikebreaker
    Free Member

It's only been done over the last month to 6 weeks. It used to be a challenge to get up there.

Can't see it lasting long once the rain comes then it will be all over the road but never mind at least some clumsy footed rambler won't slip and turn an ankle then sue the authority.

I don't see much other sites of sanitation and I ride out there every weekend. It just gets rockier and rougher and more fun.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rushup edge – mam tor end’ is closed to new replies.