Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Running types- gps watch computers….
  • Leigh2612
    Free Member

Hi guys and girls,
    The better half wants a running GPS watch, but doesn’t know much about them. I know a (very ) little about MTB GPS, I guess you would want roughly the same things, time, pace and distance to be displayed?
    Any recommendations? Are garmin favourite as in bikes also?
    Looking at spending £150 or so at most.
    Thanks!
    Leigh

geoffj

Hard to beat the Garmin Forerunner 10 for £90 unless you want HRM

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Thanks- will take a look!

Kuco

I use a Forerunner 10. Its okay if you want a really basic GPS watch and it isn’t a big bulk on the wrist.

djglover
    Free Member

I got the 410 on ebay recently for 150, they don’t make it anymore but it does everything, its fantastic!

Its just about acceptable as an everyday watch too

heavyman
    Free Member

We all have Garmin 405’s in the family, they are old now but very good. Have been looking at the 610 which is on Wiggle at £199 but you may get it a bit cheaper on Ebay?

geoffj

The 620 is coming out soon and looks nice – not cheap though!

Pieface

As others have said, what do you need it to do?

The FR10 is good for the money and is waterproof (unlike alot of the others).

I’m holding out for the 620 as it has some basic Nav features and is properly waterproof. Also lots of other stuff I’ll probably never use.

mudslinger
    Free Member

I have a Forerunner 205 which although old & bulky is great. It has some navigation features which is great as I once got lost doing a run on holiday. It enabled me to find my way back. Sweat has corroded the tiny speaker for distance alerts.

If I was buying a new one I’d get the Forerunner 10 – great for the price.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

I just want the basics really, pace distance and time to be shown and to be able to download the map afterwards. I’ve seen the 110 too which I think is similar to the 10 but can add HRM, foot sensor and the other contraptions later if you wish to do so, which may be a winner.
    Then if she loves it we can get a bells and whistles one further down the road…

glupton1976
    Free Member

Mobile – endomondo or strava – stick phone in the back scratcher – go for a run.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Running types- gps watch computers….’ is closed to new replies.