Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Running off the bike?
  • ross88guy
    Free Member

Looking for a new pair of running shoes for a triathlon that I am training for. I need a fast shoe that I can cycle with as well. Any ideas?

…………
    2011 Goals
    Sun 12 IronMan
    Blog – Adidas Climacool Ride Review

trail_rat
    Free Member

cant recall seeing anyone of interest cycling in their running shoes at the wimbleball 70.3 ……

that tells me something.

can you not use spds for some reason ?

you want a flexible shoe for running and a rigid sole shoe for riding ….. ive seen folk run duathlons in their cycling shoes – badly … and folk ride in trainers and clips and do equally badly at the cycle

bazep
    Free Member

Separate shoes are the only way to go, no matter the distance. Get easily removable cycling shoes and get elastic or lock laces for your runners.

Depending on your running style I can recommend Nike frees (used 3.0s up to ironman).

seanoc
    Free Member

The new Nike Free’s 3.0 (V3) aren’t as easy to pop on and off as the old ones (V2). Same sole and glove like fitting but they’ve ‘one-pieced’ the tounge so you can wear them without socks and not get rubbed by the internal stitching.

Keva
    Free Member

I’ve got two pairs of these Inov8’s, great for running and cycling.

http://www.inov-8.com/Products-Detail.asp?PG=PG1&L=26&P=5050973044

Kev

trail_rat
    Free Member

i suggest also that you try the tritalk forums

Edric64
    Free Member

Got to be two pairs of shoes,it doesnt take long to change use elastic laces in your trainers as well .Look cleats are the ones I find best and cant imagine riding as well in a tri wearing shoes I could run in

bazep
    Free Member

seanoc – how do you find the toe box on the v3 3.0s? Roomy enough?

+1 for tritalk btw
    Although it appears to be having a bit of a meltdown/identity crisis recently.

seanoc
    Free Member

Bazep – I’ve only had them since Wednesday and only covered 20 miles in them so far but I can give you my first impressions. They look much wider; I think this is due to the slightly offset and quite wide lacing system and thermoplastic detailing. Fit wise they are similar in the toe box as the v2’s but the cuff feels much looser. The heel uses an unsupported thick spandex type material (I guess this is to aid entry and exit into the shoe) which provides no support at all; a good thing I reckon. I’ve tried them without the laces; in a straight line they’re okay but I reckon you’d roll the shoe off without them if doing a MSFT or similar sharp changes of direction.

They look mint though. I got mine as a FOC replacement for my v2’s buy I reckon I’d like to pay the £20 extra and get the i.d. ones

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Running off the bike?’ is closed to new replies.