Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Running non TLR Minions Tubeless – Will I die?
  • thered

It would appear that I have the only non UST or TLR minions in the world!!

Anybody filled em with Stans and ran em on a DH/FR bike? Did it work or did you crash and die horribly?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

It would be better if you didn’t IME.

br
    Free Member

I’ve a standard single-ply Minion DHF on the front of my bike, running tubeless with Stans liquid on a Crest rim.

Brill winter tyre for a rocky/snowy area.

nosedive
    Free Member

I do this with wire bead ones and it works fine. Kevlar ones explode dramatically off the rims

Northwind

I got on fine with most singleplies, I did have a Swampthing that was pretty slack and leaked past the beads constantly though. Never tried with the dualplies, not that it won’t work, just never had cause really.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I ran some dual plies tubeless on Stans Flows for ages and it worked perfectly. I’m now running a wire bead single ply Minion and a kevlar beaded EXO High Roller 2 tubeless on the same rims.

doug_basqueMTB.com

No problems at all. Singleply minion upfront running tubeless on 819´s and flows. Works great. Don´t go stupid low on the pressures and it´s no problems at all. That´s AM, DH courses and I´ve never tried it for big jumps or that sort of thing, just littler ones 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run a HighRoller 2 EXO on the front, tubeless. You have to be careful when setting it up without a rimstrip though, as they can blow off the rim (loud!) but if you get them seated okay then they are an excellent front tyre. They are tough enough yet the casing is supple, so you get good fee+grip.

I run a UST on the rear though, as you need a tougher casing as it has a, well, tougher life.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve run a non-ust minion single ply on my Intense with Flows/Stans gunk for everything from XC to DH. No problems at all. keep pressure really well and went up easily with a track pump

tpbiker
    Free Member

Blew a doubleply highroller off my rear flow rim at les gets last year. Only time its ever happened, wasn’t especially pretty if I remember correctly…

scruff
    Free Member

Mikey, I run non-ust ‘standard’ dual plys on mine in the alps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Running non TLR Minions Tubeless – Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.