Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Running Kenda Nevegals tubeless??
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Anyone running Kenda tyres tubeless, specifically Nevegals?

I remember reading somewhere that Stan’s notubes sealant sometimes reacts with the carcass and causes it to degrade and bubble catastrophically?

Anyone experienced this or had any other problems?

Are the sidewalls sturdy enough compared to other similar weight tyres? (I’m running Maxxis High Rollers / Advantages tubeless no problem)

ratherbeintobago

Can you not just get the UST ones?

Andy

Northwind

I’ve used them loads, never had a problem. The sidewalls are pretty thin but not enough to be a problem unless you find something sharp to stick them with- they’re not as tough as a highroller fwiw, but then you’d expect that since they weigh miles less.

The only tyre I’ve ever seen that’s reacted badly with sealant was a Maxxis. Not something on my list of things to worry about.

balfa
    Free Member

I’ve run both tubeless and normal nevegals as tubeless ok with stans without any problems. The normal ones have pretty thin sidewalls. Ok on the front but not the rear. The tubeless ones are pretty similar to the lust maxxis.

flatfish
    Free Member

Ran a Kenda Karma tubeless for about 6 months, no problems to report.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The tyres came on a bike, and now I have changed the wheels to a Stans licensed rim design. I don’t want to buy new tyres, definitely not UST. I’ve had good reliable results running normal Maxxis on Stans tubeless, so don’t really want the weight penalty.

My Maxxis 2.35 High rollers weighs ~700g and run tubeless on my other set of Stans fine. The Nevegals weigh similar but I remember they were somewhat prone to punctures from thorns.

I’ll give them a try, cheers.

br
    Free Member

But used tyres sometimes aren’t so easy to tubeless…

They go ‘baggy’.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The bike was new, so the tyres have had one or two rides with tubes, so I’m hoping it’ll be ok. They were a pain to get off thats for sure!

amt27
    Free Member

ran some UST Nevegals on Shimano XT UST rims for most of 2010, couldn’t them on and any other rims, tried Stans and DT

Northwind

Hmm. Are they proper folding Nevegals? Kenda do some horrible OEM-spec ones made out of shoe leather and lung tar, if it’s one of those just say bin.

MarkSS
    Free Member

I had a second-hand Nevegal & Blue Groove off ebay. Took a while to seal up on Stans Crest rims – sidewalls leaked a bit so needed plenty of re-inflation and shaking them. Once sealed up I didn’t need to re-top them up for the 6 months they were on the rims.

Sidewall strength – dunno – survived 8 rocky day rides in North & South Wales.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

They’re folding Nevegals…..do they do nasty OEM variants of the folding ones or are OEM generally more likely to be wire bead?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Running Kenda Nevegals tubeless??’ is closed to new replies.