Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Running G2 geometry forks on a non-Fisher frame.
  • cornishboy
    Free Member

Anyone tried this? I was thinking of buying a second hand 100mm travel frame and using the parts from my 2009 Big Sur to build the bike. Then I remembered that the forks have the 46mm G2 offset and I'm not sure if the handling will be compromised with a non-genesis 2 frame?

ChrisS
    Free Member

Got some on my on-one 29er. Brant said they would work fine…. and they do.

LoCo
    Free Member

should be ok, the steering will be a bit quicker.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Actually IIRC he said they would work better….

cornishboy
    Free Member

I really noticed how quick/twitchy the steering was riding on the snow and ice recently. Not as noticable in the dry, but seemed crazy quick compared to my heckler. The Big Sur has a 105mm stem aswell. My reckoning was that the steering may be too fast if mounting the fork to a frame with a slightly steeper headangle like a Superlight or Yeti ASR? I guess a pro/super caliber frame corrected for G2 geometry would work best so I've posted a WTD in the classifieds.

cornishboy
    Free Member

Also, isn't the steering on a 29er a bit slower normally than a 26" wheeled bike? Maybe that's why your on-one benefits from the G2 geometry fork to quicken it up in the twisty stuff?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Running G2 geometry forks on a non-Fisher frame.’ is closed to new replies.