Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Running Fitness 'programmes'?
  • thwapy
    Free Member

I don’t run unless I am being chased but my wife has signed up for the Great North Run and only occasionally (very) runs around 5km max. Are there any running ‘programmes’ out there worth following that will help improve her fitness, confidence and motivate her?

Ta

Pieface

There’s the couch 2 5K programme (on NHS website) but normally a google search for half marathon should bring up loads of results from the likes of runner’s world

http://rw.runnersworld.com/training-plan-finder/half-marathon-training-plans.html

CraigW
    Free Member

Yes, Couch to 5K is good to start with. The NHS one has podcasts or an app.
    There’s a also a few “Bridge to 10k” plans for after that.

You could also look for a local group. Something like JogScotland / RunTogether should be friendly for beginners.

Also try Parkrun. Its a nice introduction to racing. And its timed, so you can see if you are getting faster.

allthegear
    Free Member

Get out and run with people. Makes such a difference. No way would I have gone from 1/2 run 1/2 walk Parkruns to running Cambridge Half Marathon next Sunday in only a year otherwise.

Oh – and Great North Run? She must have been feeling flush – was well expensive when I looked!

Rachel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Running Fitness 'programmes'?’ is closed to new replies.