Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • running and cycling
  • sweepy
    Free Member

I’m wanting to get back to some running but am not getting motivated by stuff from the door.
    I’ve decided to ride to the start of stuff I do want to run, use a light lock to secure the bike to a tree and run from there.
    What do people do, ride without a pad- or run with?

piemonster

Tri Shorts

CraigW
    Free Member

How far are you cycling?
    I think cycling up to about 10 miles is fine in running shorts and running shoes. Much longer than that, maybe worth changing shoes (and change of socks if you will get wet/muddy).

Running in cycling shorts causes sweaty bollocks IME.

funkmasterp

How far are you cycling? I’d just not bother with padded shorts if it’s not that far. Then again I wouldn’t run. I’d only run if I was chasing somebody who’d stolen my bike.

sweepy
    Free Member

I’ll not be cycling far, probably a few miles each way. I guess I’m just overthinking it, I used to ride much further than that when my bike was transport and never even thought about padding till I took up ‘cycling’.

I don’t think i’m in the realms of the tri short. I don’t wear lycra much, not because I don’t have the figure for it (even though I don’t) but because at the speed I travel it would feel ridiculous 🙂

funkmasterp

If it’s only a couple of miles I’d just wear the cycling gear.

sweepy
    Free Member

The run will be longer than the ride, and on tracks and trails. Used to do 20k on trails and want to get back to that. Will need to build up to it tho.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Just ride your running gear. I do that plenty, not very far though. If your bike is too uncomfortable for that there’s something wrong with the saddle/fit!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’d only run if I was chasing somebody who’d stolen my bike.

🙂

drslow
    Free Member

i used to do the parkrun which was 5 miles cycle from my house. No cycling shorts, trainers in bag as i had spds and too lazy to change pedals. Cycle there, run, cycle back. All fine.

digger95
    Free Member

I’d use a heavy lock or two light locks of different types (so the thief needs hack saw and bolt cutters) for peace of mind.

curto80
    Free Member

I’m doing this a lot at the moment and a pair of lightly padded tri compression shorts underneath my running shorts works very well for me.

stever
    Free Member

I ride to a track session sometimes in the summer. I wear running shorts – it’s fine. I do take a small sac with running shoes and don’t need to worry about locks and stuff though.

sweepy
    Free Member

I’m just going to get a cable lock, should be ok fingers crossed.
    This time of year I think the answer is my old ron hills, and running shorts in the summer.
    When did I start to think padded shorts were essential for a few miles on hte bike? I feel like a right tart 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘running and cycling’ is closed to new replies.