Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Running after 20 years
  • Mounty_73

I am fit and active with mtb and a lot of walking over the weekends etc, but I am looking at doing something a bit more in the week direct from home.

Someone suggested ‘The Couch to 5k Plan’ as they had good success with it and since moved on to the 10k plan.

Not looking at becoming the next ‘Mo’ 😉 but just to keep up with my fitness levels and an activity that can be done quickly without the need for kit prep etc.

Is it any good? Any other suggestions for running for a beginner?

trail_rat
    Free Member

couch to 5k is a good one – i still use the 5-10k plan after a long break as i seem to go through fits and starts of running.

Mounty_73

Seems like a good place to start then 🙂

3bikeman
    Free Member

Started running just over 2 years ago at the age of 60. not having run for 45 years!!! although climbing,cycling,walking etc.

Started with brisk walks round the block 2.5 miles then ran a bit, then ran a bit more – now run 7 miles off road 3 times a week, have raced in several events off road on the coast and Dartmoor and doing several fell type runs in April.I love it.

Start short and slow and build up – I dont bother with intervals and all that I just run! get off road if you can, its magic running on hills, through woods and on the coast[ I live near Seaton devon] and its less stressful on the joints etc.
    Trail running is the answer – just do it!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Find something around the 5km mark to start off with, adjust speed, distance and recovery as you progress.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Running after 20 years’ is closed to new replies.