Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • running advice
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Been running on a regular basis for a while in prep for the kilomathon next weekend but tonight and on a run last week got pain on the outside of my knee and a bit in the ankle. Now I have flat feet so wear appropriate shoes but is it just that im tired and slapping feet or are the shoes on the way out? Not sure how many miles they've done but had them a while and prob getting towards end of their life though when sit them on flat surface dont 'rock' like the ones i full gubbed last time. Ill head to a shop in nottingham (any recommendations?) to have a chat but want to brace myself if need to spend cash, £500 gas bill dropped through the door yest 🙁

cheers muchly

Smuzzy
    Free Member

About 500 miles life in a running shoe, my knees start to hurt soon after this figure. I've got 5 pairs of Asics Kayanos in the cupboard that are shagged but look like new after a wash…… can't bear to bin em 🙁

anonymouse
    Free Member

ITB?

fontmoss
    Free Member

im with you smuzzy, 2 pairs of kayanos that i use for the 'gym'*

anonymouse, I think its more the lateral collateral ligament thats hurting, my knowledge of ITB is more that it drags the patella out of its natural tracking line, could be wrong though?

*havent been to the gym in years

EDIT: actually having a quick look you could be right, ill go speak to running shop

anonymouse
    Free Member

I just know that it hurts on the outside of the knee, especially when going downhill. Whatever it is rest and ice can't do any harm.

fontmoss
    Free Member

yeah i think you could be right, studied iliotibial tract last week as well 🙁

Smuzzy
    Free Member

http://www.sportsshoes.com/ doing a good deal on new Kayanos at the mo.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i forgot how expensive running shoes were 🙁

last time i went for the cheaper version of the kayanos to save some cash

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘running advice’ is closed to new replies.