Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Running a early VW T4 anyone? been offered dirt cheap T4
  • phildowling
    Free Member

Any running an eary T4? Been offered a dirt cheap 2.4 91 LWB model. Has a camping interior and being sold by a guy at local VW club.

I've had Bay's and now a Split so know my dubs, but just wondering what the early T4's are like? Its got 180k on it but thats just run in on modern diesels these days 🙂
    Its £650 with 9 months MOT and 6 months Tax so would kinda be rude not to 😆

Olly
    Free Member

if you dont have it, and theres nowt wrong with it, point him in my direction!

Drac

If you don't and Olly don't and it's not bad then point him this way.

Ah! South Wales that's a bit too far.

phildowling
    Free Member

🙂 perhaps ill buy it and stick it in the classifieds….

It's a bit tatty but not to worry really as i scratched my volvo with the bike the other day….checked the bike for damage 1st 🙄

steveh

At that price buy it and worry about it later as you'll never lose money.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Rubiish! why cant i ever find bargains like that!

Steelsreal

early ones are not as well rust proofed as the later ones so check for rot and filler round the wheelarches. Drum brakes on the back, different bumpers and dash but at the price you say, worth a punt. 2.4s have a tendency to crack cyclinder heads, ny early one did but it kept going fine for about 30k after that, and was still going strong once i sold it. usual stuff really cambelts are expensive to swap as it is the 5 cylinder engine etc etc

try the http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk for info

krag
    Free Member

That's dirt cheap, we just paid a fair whack more for an L reg 1.9d, granted it had a nice professional conversion inside. I'd bite his arm off (and I'm in south wales too so would be interested if your not!)

Lionheart
    Free Member

we have been looking for an 'older' (means cheaper!) T4 for months, just missed a similar deal in the SW, so we will join the Q or the sell it on to list…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Running a early VW T4 anyone? been offered dirt cheap T4’ is closed to new replies.