Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Runners – What GPS watch?
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Daughter is getting seriously into running and is wondering about a GPS watch to help with training. Is the Garmin Forerunner 110 a reasonable bit of kit for the money? Other recommedations?

stever
    Free Member

Garmin 110 is a good basic watch. It lacks an interval timer that she might want if she’s getting serious.

Jase
    Free Member

Does she want to be able to create/follow a workout? Don’t know if the 110 has the facility.

CraigW
    Free Member

The Forerunner 110 works OK, though is fairly basic. ie it doesn’t do intervals/workouts etc. It is fine if you just want to see your distance, time, pace, heart rate, plus recording a track.

The Forerunner 10 is also nice for a cheap/small/simple watch, if you don’t care about heart rate.

For something more fancy, I would go for the new Forerunner 220, not sure if its available in the UK yet. I think it is much better for training features, plus has wifi/Bluetooth for connecting to a PC or phone.

dobo
    Free Member

i dont think the 110 has instant pace but the 210 has and is a good watch. i dont use the interval features of watches, i just go by time or the length of a hill or a section of trail etc, works well, just time your rest or go by heart rate.

i have my eye on the 220 or 620 for Christmas, so does the missus but not sure if they will be available in time.
    word of warning the battery life isnt great on them so arnt really suitable for everyday use, unlike an fr60 for instance.

mikey74
    Free Member

A vote for the Edge 210 here, although I find I am using Endomondo on my phone at the moment because I keep on forgetting to charge it.

I went for the 210 because it gives you your current pace, rather than your overall pace, like the 110.

Jase
    Free Member

I thought the 220 and 620 were available now from Sweatshop?

stever
    Free Member

I went for the 210 because it gives you your current pace, rather than your overall pace, like the 110.

Almost – the 110 gives you a smoothed average for that mile/km. Agree, current pace would be better.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I ordered a Forerunner 220 on Monday from Madison via my LBS, they’re quoting 4th December availability.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Runners – What GPS watch?’ is closed to new replies.