Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • RUNNERS… best place to buy a cheap pair of fell running / xc shoes ?
  • adi66
    Free Member

I’ve entered the Mud Runner Ice Breaker at Eastnor Castle on the 19th Feb, abd wanted some cheap xc shoes that I will probably only wear to this event and a couple of times after that.

Can anyone recommend me a good place to buy a cheap pair of shoes – the sort with the Big fat rubber spikes… kinda like footy boots.

Cheers,

amplebrew

Not too sure on fell running shoes, but sportsshoes.com can be pretty good for running shoes.

nickhart
    Free Member

what size? i have a pair of inov8 flyrocs that are a couple of years old but due to illness i have only run in them twice. thirty quid if they’re of any use, either an 8.5 or 9 not sure will have a look. email at nickhart69 at gmail dot com.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

My local TK Max has got a load of Scarpa Alpine X shoes in for £37

Moomin
    Free Member

Ive been looking at the same and the best i have come up with is Addidas Kanadia 4 from sports direct for £43. Reviews are good on these (i own an old pair of Kanadia) The only thing is that it seems they come up short on sizing so best to try on in shop.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-kanadia-4-mens-trail-running-shoes-213033?colcode=21303344

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Watching a video of the muddy runner events, get a cheap pair of runners from sports direct or something, and throw them away. I would not be buying a pair of inov8’s or something to do that to them.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Ive just got some of these as they were so cheap.
    They seem pretty good so far and are popular on the fell runner forum.
    Mizuno wave harrier

hammyuk
    Free Member

XDA Pro 3D’s are £30 in Go Outdoors.

adi66
    Free Member

Watching a video of the muddy runner events, get a cheap pair of runners from sports direct or something, and throw them away. I would not be buying a pair of inov8’s or something to do that to them

That’s the plan… as I also assumed that they will get trashed! but I do want some grip under my feet !

XDA Pro 3D’s are £30 in Go Outdoors.

Ive just got some of these as they were so cheap.
    They seem pretty good so far and are popular on the fell runner forum.
    Mizuno wave harrier

That’s the sort of thing, cheers chaps 🙂

adi66
    Free Member

what size? i have a pair of inov8 flyrocs that are a couple of years old but due to illness i have only run in them twice. thirty quid if they’re of any use, either an 8.5 or 9 not sure will have a look. email at nickhart69 at gmail dot com.

10.5 i’m afraid, cheers tho.

stever
    Free Member

It’s only mud. I bet you’ve got a washing machine too 🙂
    Wave Harriers are good, but getting harder to find. Kanadias are good all rounders, not quite as grippy.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I’ve got some old Walshes and Wave Harriers in 10.5 (I think).

They’re a bit knackered but you can have a pair for the price of a pint and the postage?

Edit: actually, have both if you want – the Mrs moans that I have more pairs of shoes than she does.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was salivating at the idea of Sally’s for £30 but surprise, surprise it’s a spoof. No size in stock! I hate it when onliners do that. Both types of cheap Sally’s are the same.

Startfitness have the waves on offer.

Kandys ok for one off but in my experience don’t last well and gave me plantar!!!!

mountainman

Mountain warehouse might be wortha try ?

frenhtony
    Free Member

You shoul be able to pick up a pair of New Balance MTE 101 for about £30. Great shoe, lightweight and grippy.

adi66
    Free Member

I’ve got some old Walshes and Wave Harriers in 10.5 (I think).

They’re a bit knackered but you can have a pair for the price of a pint and the postage?

Edit: actually, have both if you want – the Mrs moans that I have more pairs of shoes than she does.

Cool. that sounds like the best plan 🙂

I presume that their not absolutely foo-ked are they ? mind you for a couple of £’s1 LOL is it too much to ask for a Piccie ?

Drop me a PM with postage cost & your bank details and i’ll pop some cash in for ya –

theteaboy
    Free Member

I presume that their not absolutely foo-ked are they ? mind you for a couple of £’s1 LOL is it too much to ask for a Piccie ?

They’re pretty worn (and one of the Walshes got bashed on a rock in Langdale and there’s a small tear in a superficial seam) but they’ll be fine for a few races.

I’ll send you a pic tonight but I’ll need to post them tomorrow morning as it’s the only time I can get to a Post Office.

btw – no email in your profile

theteaboy
    Free Member

Looks like postage will be £4.41, so call it £7?

If you leave an email address/ mobile number I’ll get in touch later.

adi66
    Free Member

Teaboy:

Looks like postage will be £4.41, so call it £7?

If you leave an email address/ mobile number I’ll get in touch later.

No worries. my mail addy is adi66smith at gmail dot com

Drop me your paying in details and i’ll transfer some cash over to you.

Cheers 🙂

adi66
    Free Member

Teaboy…..

theteaboy
    Free Member

Got them next to me now, all gaffertaped up.

Just need an address!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘RUNNERS… best place to buy a cheap pair of fell running / xc shoes ?’ is closed to new replies.