Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Runneristtrackworld: in ear wireless headphones?
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Can someone recommend me (for SWMBO) so wireless headphones (or use with an IPhone (5c?) for when she is out running? Preferably cheapish but comfy / stay in when running / whatever else you would consider as a runner buying wireless headphones.

Seeing as I don’t know anything really about 1) running 2) wireless headphones.

Cheers

hedley
    Free Member

My wife and I have these: TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Headphones Stereo Magnetic Earbuds for £19.99

http://amzn.eu/eCHXpN8

Cheap, pretty decent sound considering all you are going to hear is your breathing. Easy to use, can take calls and controls music via the buttons. And the magnets are great for “clipping” them together when out the ear.

wallop

Do you mean something completely wireless like the Apple buds? Or just bluetooth? If the latter, I get on well with my bluetooth Taotronics from Amaxon for about £20.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017I9CBPC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wouldn’t want to run with completely wireless ones, in case one fell out. At least mine are connected to each other by one cable, which I just slip through my pony tail hair band when I’m out running.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Running with in-ear headphones on ?

Just walking with them on means being extra careful as you have lost one of your senses.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I was going to recommend the Plantronics Back Beat Fit but they seem to have doubled in price – wtf. Oh that’s on their website on Amazon it’s a much more sensible price

Bomb proof, little isolation so good for running.

simon_g

I use these ones – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones-Anker-Lightweight-Sweatproof-Travelling-Black/dp/B01N6DC2ZE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511355342&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+bluetooth

Cheap, work fine, don’t need the bit going over the ear to stay in. They come with a bunch of the ear bud things and ear hooks to get a decent fit.

legend
    Free Member

+1 for the ones simon_g says. No frills, do the job.

TurnerGuy – Member
    Just walking with them on means being extra careful as you have lost one of your senses.

Your neighbourhood sounds well ropey!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Your neighbourhood sounds well ropey!

walking through London, you need all your senses…

wallop

How do deaf people cope?

hopefiendboy

Tagged

pocpoc
    Free Member

Do other people find the wire behind the neck being an issue?

I had some similar to the ones linked where it’s buds linked by a single wire. All that happened was that it got caught constantly between my neck and collar and pulled on my ears.
    So I shortened it a bit but it still sticks to my sweaty neck and does the same thing. I’ve given up on them it’s that irritating and distracting.

As a semi-hijack, can anyone recommend a wireless single earphone that would be suitable for running? Loud enough to hear over the noise of traffic on the road next to me.
    I got a cheap one of amazon but they’re clearly designed for voice calls. The sound quality was terrible and the bluetooth lost connection with the earphone being on the opposite side of my body/head to the single pocket in my shorts with the phone in!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

How do deaf people cope?

they’re used to relying on those other senses more.

jam-bo

Airpods.

Except for the cheap bit.

aikon
    Free Member

Airpods.

Except for the cheap bit.

WHS

njee20
    Free Member

they’re used to relying on those other senses more.

Listen to headphones more then, you’ll adapt. 🙄

I’ve got some Taotronics ones and do find them good. Used for cycling more than running, do find the cable can stick to your neck a bit and I end up with more on one side, but easy to ‘rebalance’ it. I really like them.

richardk
    Free Member

The design of the Plantronics Backbeat Fit holds it away from your neck, so no trouble with it sticking or pulling

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations, I think one of those £20 ish options will probably suffice, it’s only to replace the corded headphones she currently uses as it’s getting to winter and she’s in long sleeves so can internally tout the cable.

She mostly only uses the headphones predominantly for the training apps with intervals and such so top sound quality isn’t an issue really.

Thanks all.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Runneristtrackworld: in ear wireless headphones?’ is closed to new replies.