Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Runnerists – warm/waterproof gloves for runnering in?
  • IHN

For her indoors and her marathon training plan over the winter. She gets right cold hands, any recommendations for something to protect her delicate little pinkies?

Pieface

Despite trying different gloves my favourite are the ‘basic’ Ron Hill powerstretch ones. Not waterproof mind.

When its raining standard sealskinz are ok.

failedengineer

I suspect any gloves that are properly waterproof would be too warm for running. I suffer from horribly cold hands and just use some aldi ‘windproof’ running gloves in the worstest conditions and some thin ronhill gloves for normal coldness. Make sure your hands and gloves are nice and warm when you set off.

jota180
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

Runnerists

Hmmm stealing a Jeremy Clarksonism probably won’t endear you to many runners.

Anyway, do her hands get cold at the beginning, and then warm up? Mine do this and I find that most gloves, unless it’s very cold, are actually too warm. Maybe some fairly thin merino gloves may do the trick.

MSP
    IHN

Hmmm stealing a Jeremy Clarksonism probably won’t endear you to many runners.

Well, hopefully some of them aren’t too self-important and will offer some help anyway.

do her hands get cold at the beginning, and then warm up?

Not really. To quote the lady herself “I want something that’s not massively bulky but that’s really warm because my hands go pretty much immediately numb when I’m running in the cold. Waterproof is a big bonus but is secondary to warmth.”

jota180
    Free Member

Anyway, do her hands get cold at the beginning, and then warm up? Mine do this and I find that most gloves, unless it’s very cold, are actually too warm

Mine do do, I just take them off when they get too warm

mogrim

I use some thin undergloves with windstopper backs, I bought them for the motorbike but they’re great for running too.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I tend to use liner gloves when it’s cold eg.
    http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/merino-glove-liner/1082

She might want a pair a bit thicker, but the important bit is they breath really easily making it less likely that you end up with gloves full of sweat.

votchy
    Free Member

The runnerist next to me uses some Nike ones that are gloves with a flip over mitt section, he thinks he is quite good so knows his stuff, they is called Nike Mens Convertible Running Mittens.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Windstopper is best for cycling IME, and my hands don’t need as much insulation when running.

BadlyWiredDog

I used thin baselayer liner gloves mostly, or some made from PowerStretch if it’s around freezing or below. And some Montane Sabtretooth gloves – Powershield with a leather palm – if it’s proper cold and grim. If she gets really cold hands, Buffalo used to do some very light pilke/Pertex mitts that are proper warm, light and windproof. http://www.buffalosystems.co.uk/products/mitts/ though very basic.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

100% silk liners off ebay, cheap as chips. wonderful things. wear mine under my cycling gloves too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Runnerists – warm/waterproof gloves for runnering in?’ is closed to new replies.