Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • runnerists: new shoe advice
  • Bregante

Time for new shoes and Mizuno have stopped making the shoes I’ve had for the last year. Having never had a problem with any shoes in particular(mid foot,neutral strike) I took the plunge on some Adidas glide boost.

They felt OK in the shop and on the treadmill, however after only 3 shortish (4-5 mile) runs my left calf feels as tight as a drum. It feels like theres a lack of support on the left arch. Plenty of stretching has eased it over the last 24 hrs but will I get used to them? Do I need to reduce the distance further, or am I going to have to bite the bullet and face the fact I’ve just flushed £80 down the drain?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Worth a try – why not ask the shop? See if they’d sell a different pair at cost also.

Unless something else has changed to cause it.

Bregante

Can’t see how anything else has changed Al. I did a 5k parkrun in my trail shoes on Saturday and felt fine. I’d wear those but they’re awful on wet pavement.

It’s a newly opened branch of a large chain so I might pop in and give that a go. It’s odd as the right shoe feels absolutely fine. No tightness in the calf. Heel drop is 12mm compared to 15mm on the mizuno but not sure if this makes a huge difference.

Weasel
    Free Member

A mate of mine had some Adidas boost said he felt even more knackered after running in them, they now live in the bottom of the cupboard

The last pair of Adidas I had went on ebay after 2 runs – gave me blisters on my arches.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Personally my advice would be to drop the distance that you are running… certainly until the end of January. Then when i have beaten you on the strava challenge you can do whatever you like! 😀

On a serious note, don’t forget that you get a discount at ‘Sweatshop’ for mentioning Parkrun.

Edric64
    Free Member

Sweatshop do custom insoles ,they are about 45 quid though

Bregante

ww, have you deleted that duplicate 10k that strava has created yet? 😆

ah. I see you haven’t.

I can put my feet up then. 🙂

Bregante

What a result!

Took the shoes back to sweatshop at the chill factore this afternoon and the same shop assistant that sold me the shoes immediately offered to swap them free of charge. Despite the fact that I’ve done 20k in them on shitty roads and paths.

When I told him what the issue was he rushed off and brought back 3 alternatives to try. Couldn’t have been more helpful.
    The shoes I’ve swapped them for (brooks glycerin) have been reduced so he chucked a free pair of socks in too.

Made up with that. Well done Sweatshop.

Travis

Sorted.
    I was going to say I have had no problem with Adidas, and I run in either an Adios, or XT.
    I wouldn’t personally touch a Boost, as I think the Heel to Toe drop is too great, and would just do my legs in.

Are you guys on the Singletrack Strava as well?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Singletrack strava?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Hey Bregante – Respect!

Dont think i will ever match your stats… 😯

Travis

Yeah, there’s a Singletrack Club on Strava.
    Not many runners though (surprisingly, since this is an MTB place)

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Just done a search of running clubs on Strava but ‘Singletrack’ didnt return any results? Does it have a different name?? Ta

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ll join the club 🙂

Bregante

Cheers Craig!

Stopped for a brew during that 1/2 marathon too :mrgreen:

No idea what that’s all about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘runnerists: new shoe advice’ is closed to new replies.