Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Runaway tire hits girl, sends her rolling downhill
  • bymybike
    Free Member

In the news: a truck tire hits a standing girl, sends her rolling downhill
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnCiDQedE0

globalti
    Free Member

Ouch! How much does a wheel like that weigh? 100 kgs?

sandwicheater

That will sting.

Wonder why both drivers to be penalized? Would have thought being hit by a tire was enough of a punishment.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bymybike
    Free Member

They say, she got 3 fractures, sadly… But not dead!
    Maybe, penalized for stepping out?

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Many moons ago a neighbour was killed in an incident like that. They had just got married and bought house (late 70s) when on the way back from Cornwall late at night they stopped in a layby to brew up when a lorry wheel got detached and killed the husband and crushed the car then bounced away. Due to that and my colleague (recently) seeing a horrific accident where the guy in the layby received life changing injuries when he was knocked by an ambulance into a lorry I now try to avoid them.

revs1972
    Free Member

It amazes me how many people you see broken down on the motorway, with their warning triangle placed about a metre away from the back of the car, and them stood right between the car and the barrier.

Pigface
    Free Member

Me and a few mates used to roll tyres down a hill when we were about 12, one mate Simon got collected by one and it knocked him flying, just a car tire what being hit by a truck whheel must be like 😯

Drac

TYRE! 👿

Mikeypies
    Free Member

^^^^^^agreed also often they sit on the side forward of their car whilst they would be much safer 10’behind

sandwicheater

Whoops, yes, tyre.

BoardinBob

Happened to a guy that works for me. He got a substantial compensation pay out. To be honest, I’m surpised he wasn’t killed as a he’s a skinny guy.

mark90
    Free Member

‘brew up’ is that what they called dogging in the 70’s?

cookeaa

That looks horrible, the amount of energy in that wheel must have been substantial…

You notice she took the initial impact, goes a bit “rag doll” and to me it looks like she was out cold before she slumped over that armco…

On top of that it still had enough residual energy to bend the car door back and carry on trundling along the hard shoulder…

CheesybeanZ

Very lucky not to have a broken neck/ back after that impact .

globalti
    Free Member

Maaaany years ago I worked in a warehouse and we had some consignments of truck tyres, which had to be lifted up and stacked flat on top of each other. It took two of us to lift just one tyre.

We filled one entire warehouse with rolls of glass wool, which used to come in from the factory in big volume artics. Unloading them was a pain so we managed to persuade some of the drivers to open the doors then reverse backwards at high speed then hit the brakes, throwing about half the rolls out in a big heap, which we threw up in an ever-growing stack. Once we reached the ceiling we had quite a lot of fun building a secret labyrinth of passages and places to chill (or sweat actually under the roof in summer) unseen by the supervisor. Fun it was, although very sweaty dusty work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Runaway tire hits girl, sends her rolling downhill’ is closed to new replies.