Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Run routes near Keighley
  • evh22
    Free Member

I have the pleasure of going to Airedale hospital tomorrow and have an hour or two to kill after work between there and Leeds.

Anyone suggest any nice runs around the area? 3-8 miles. Nowhere too remote, am pretty scared of you west yorkshire types with your orange fives and flat caps.

earbyphil
    Free Member

Google Calder Airedale Link http://www.bradford.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/99A72C62-03E9-45E0-BA4F-3FE4C855AAB9/0/CalderAireLink.pdf
    or just face north and go up and when you’ve had enough free-wheel back. Howarth, Oakworth, Skipton to many to mention.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Park up at the transmitters on Ilkley Moor and head along the flags toward Menston, down the good path from the twelve apostles to the cow and calf, along past the beck to the road and up back to the car.

Or for more distance follow the edge from the cow and calf to white crag and then head back via High Moor Plantation and up the road to the masts.

evh22
    Free Member

Fab. Just the ticket. Wish i could stay a bit longer

theteaboy
    Free Member

Are you in a car or on a train? What sort of running? Off-road? Hilly? How fast?

Assuming train and off-road, from Airedale I’d go towards Silsden, Belton Road, Howden Road, Brunthwaite Lane, then Doubler Stones, Windgate Nick and along the crags before descending to Ilkley and getting the train back to Leeds from there. If you’re in the car you could descend to Riddlesden and go back to Airedale along the canal.

If car, the Bronte moors – the routes of the Penistone Hill country park races (google Woodentops) are all fun but a bit remote and might be pretty swampy.

Ilkley Moor and Embsay fell races are both classic routes.

evh22
    Free Member

Had a great run, thanks for the tips. FYI route 1 in the pdf you linked to is lovely but the area where you start is a little less lovely. As i was getting out the car a guy staggered out a house hurling expletives. Wouldn’t recommend leaving things in your car etc. Once you escape the town though it was fab!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Yup, rode through there the other week, looks like a warzone. I had to stop and ask a man who blinked to much for directions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Run routes near Keighley’ is closed to new replies.