Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rules on trains.
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’m currently stuck on a train as the train infront has broken down. I’m gasping for a cuppa, the buffet cart won’t take card and I’m 20p short on change (the ATMS at Crewe were unoperational as they are new & not fully installed) I remember hearing somewere if a trains delayed for a certain period your entitled to a free drink, does anyone know the time period this is? I can’t find anything on google as it’s running very slow on my phone. Thanks.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

From what I understand you can buy caviar and champagne and then claim it back off the train company.

I also beleive that you can reclaim the time spent browsing the internet for an answer.

br
    Free Member

Ask a fellow passenger if you can borrow the 20p?

Stoner
    Free Member

nothing in the national conditions of carriage on providing drinks etc.

where are you stuck?

uplink
    Free Member

just get the tea & then short change the tea man/woman, feign embarrassment

Once you have the cuppa, they’re stuck [like the train]

enduro-aid
    Free Member

nope no free drink if your train is delayed by more than 1 hour you are legally entitled to money vouchers which can be used towards future train journeys but these must be claimed after the event

anything more than 2 hours and the train firm must “where safe” provide alternative transport for passangers who are in possesion of a ticket.

all of these things are only if the delay is within the control of the company i.e engineering but not snow

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Between Crewe and Stafford.

hels
    Free Member

Yes I would order the tea, take a few sips while phaffing around with money then do the Aussie Haka (slap pockets trying to find money) somebody would take pity on you, I would give nearly anybody 20p in those circumstances.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have 20p you can borrow.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

^^^
    Except, just try asking someone for the 20p

BlobOnAStick

You’ll be on the move in a minute – the train in front has a parking brake problem and will terminate at Stafford. You’ll be on your way then.

Can’t help with the cuppa I’m afraid.

Pook

Blob – how did you do that?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall would know what to do, . . is he there?

molgrips
    Free Member

Look around on the floor for dropped change. I would.. and have… 😳

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Open a book on exactly what time the train will start moving again?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ask for a cup of tea 20p smaller than the usual size.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Were moving!!! Yay

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks everyone! Home at parents copper kettle on and cheese on toast under grill. Thanks STW for cheering me up.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rules on trains.’ is closed to new replies.